Swapping rear windows on back doors - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 09-30-2011, 12:46 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice

Swapping rear windows on back doors

Last winter my rear passenger side door started to rust bad on the bottom. It went from a little bubbling to full blown missing chunk in about 2 weeks! Mostly thanks to some idiot opening their door and slamming it into mine at work.

I went out and bought a parts truck for a few hundred dollars. The doors are are in excellent shape and the interior was in great shape.

Here it is when I got it home

I have already swapped the interior over and some other odds and ends. Here is a couple in progress pictures of the swap. It was easier than I thought it was going to be.

I was about to get started on the rear doors when it finally crossed my mind that the parts trucks has the non-opening back windows, and my truck has the pop open type windows.

Is it possible to swap the pop-open windows from my XLT over to the non opening XL doors? Would it make more sense to just paint the new doors and forget about the windows?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode