Miss the old truck - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-18-2014, 06:03 AM Thread Starter

Miss the old truck

Fellas
Just have to say some not all trucks are the same. Even though they are the same gen. This truck is not like the old one. The seats are not as comfy, truck feels cold getting in. The old cloth seats always made the truck feel warm, even at -30. The wife misses her couch feeling of the 40/60 bench. The consol doesnt have the feel for the arm rest. I could go on.
But when my wife says she misses it, I know the last one was the baby of the family.

The Ultimate Off Road vehicle is 64 Tons, Tan/Green, has a 120MM Cannon , a crew of 4 and can make popcorn.
It's a LEOPARD TANK
My new one 2003 Larit FX4, 5.4.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-18-2014, 01:09 PM

Garage
Know the feeling buddy...It's like going from a couch to a bench. Took me a while to get used to the seats in my XLT Super Duty.

The Hauler - '05 F-350 4x4 CC Dually 6.0 Powerstroke
The Project - '90 Ford Bronco 4x4
The wife's - '11 Ford Escape
For every minute you are away from work...you can add two minutes to your life!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-18-2014, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

Ya my wife now is saying should have bought the F250 Screw. But that 5.4 in that truck would have been a killer. We both like the new one because it the same Gen. But its like her she felt going from her loaded 98 Explorer. That thing was high and heavy plowed through snow, to her new loaded Edge. FWD, light but does ride nice only thing does not like the snow.
She also liked the Flareside, even to her it looked tough. Damn even my dogs dont like the new one. They sit and look at the damn thing. Maybe after I get the cap, they'll get in.

The Ultimate Off Road vehicle is 64 Tons, Tan/Green, has a 120MM Cannon , a crew of 4 and can make popcorn.
It's a LEOPARD TANK

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-18-2014, 07:33 PM

ya , same seats in my 01 - trust me , it takes some time but you'll eventually get used to them

remember they're still shaped to fit someone else's butt - takes time to reshape em to fit your's right

I hated mine for quite a while but now I only get messed up if I bump the adjustment button by mistake

but whoever the moron is that decided the bottoms and backs should tilt independantly ... I'd like to kick his azz till his bottom and back tilt independantly ...
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-18-2014, 11:58 PM

DRive enough on west coast logging roads and you appreciate that the back and bottoms tilt separately!!!!!! my observation .

IT CAN'T BE ON EMPTY AGAIN
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-19-2014, 06:41 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by I like Fords Too View Post
….now I only get messed up if I bump the adjustment button by mistake….
One of my pet peeves too, or when the wife drives the truck, which is rarely, and changes the settings.

Newer models have the seat memory button, so you get everything exactly where you want it, and store the info with a push of a button.

Seat adjustments get out of whack, a simple push of the button sets things right, unless I push the second memory setting and get her adjustments.

There's always something you miss from previous trucks.

I remember the '98 XL Scab I had, always liked the way the rear bench seat folded forward onto the floor and left lots of room in the back, and had a nice solid metal backing.

The news Scab's, the seat's are split, and fold up, nowhere near the room to put stuff in the back.

Still think the interior and instrument cluster on my '09 FX4 was better than my current truck.

801A - 6550 lb bundle of joy
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-19-2014, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by I like Fords Too View Post
ya , same seats in my 01 - trust me , it takes some time but you'll eventually get used to them

remember they're still shaped to fit someone else's butt - takes time to reshape em to fit your's right

I hated mine for quite a while but now I only get messed up if I bump the adjustment button by mistake

but whoever the moron is that decided the bottoms and backs should tilt independantly ... I'd like to kick his azz till his bottom and back tilt independantly ...
Ya someone elses butt. The only thing is I think the cloth 60/40 bench seats are more comfortable. There is more padding in them, seem higher, longer under the legs. I may repad these ones and see. They are not compressed, just dont feel good. Even the ones in the F350 the unit here has, that has more miles than ever are better.
She does like the adjustable pedals. She short and hated the old one for that. She has only drove the new one once. Her Edge has them. I know it cannot be the leather, her old Explorer had and the Limited has leather seats and were/are great.

It's a LEOPARD TANK

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode