Finally pulled the trigger - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

Finally pulled the trigger

Well I finally did it. I placed a call to Troyer Performance today for some go fast...umm...better make that go faster parts.

Xcal 3 + custom tunes.
CAI
UDP
2 gator back belts ( always gotta have a spare ).

Then in May, new exhaust time.

October plans, near gears, new rear diff.

Just waiting for them to call me back with a price.

Can't wait.

Extreme you better hustle up some cash to keep up or I'll spank your butt at the track this summer

Whaddya mean I dont pay my bills?? Whydya think I'm broke!!

03 Lariat Crew 4x4 Line-x bedliner, Truxedo Lo-Pro QT Tonneau.
RIP [97 XL 4.2L V6]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 04:15 PM

Send a message via MSN to Northern Supercrew
congrats, i'm sure you'll be happy with the goodies. are you gettin a dyno after? keep us posted. now to convince the wife, hmmmm

2013 f150 Ecobeast
3.55 E locker
FX4 Screw
SSI tuned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 04:22 PM

Send a message via MSN to Coruptyed
Quote:
Originally Posted by f150phule View Post
Well I finally did it. I placed a call to Troyer Performance today for some go fast...umm...better make that go faster parts.

Xcal 3 + custom tunes.
CAI
UDP
2 gator back belts ( always gotta have a spare ).

Then in May, new exhaust time.

October plans, near gears, new rear diff.

Just waiting for them to call me back with a price.

Can't wait.

Extreme you better hustle up some cash to keep up or I'll spank your butt at the track this summer
Your gonna spank me bud, i dont got that kinda cash to go on my truck at the moment(stupid income tax, my old jobs screwed me ...) so ill designate to be the slowest for a little while, ill be getting a CAI though but thatll be it for a little while, let me know how much it came in total

The F150 UFO

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 04:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme View Post
Your gonna spank me bud, i dont got that kinda cash to go on my truck at the moment(stupid income tax, my old jobs screwed me ...) so ill designate to be the slowest for a little while, ill be getting a CAI though but thatll be it for a little while, let me know how much it came in total
Well until I actually get them bolted on its a good bet you'll have the v6 bragging rights for a few months.

If you look on their site at the stage 1 kit for the 99+ its $100 more because of a redesigned crank pulley Ford put on the 99+.

http://www.troyerperformance.com/cgi...no=Stage1-FLV6

But Crystal told me that people may not want the full kit because UPS/FedEx is charging them a huge amount to ship the catback system.

If you are a member of the f150online.com forum you also get a discount.

That sucks about your taxes dude. Friggin' bosses always messing with your income. Well I can't really complain since I just got a raise this week .

Just make sure you know the 4 letter computer code your truck has. Just open your passenger door and look on the A pillar, there should be a white sticker with letter-number-letter-number code. You'll need that for the tunes. and make sure you know how many pulleys you have so you get the right size drive belt, if you get the UDP that is. Too bad no one that I have found makes a full on UDP kit for our motors. All I have found is the UDP crank pulley, no UDPs for the Alt. or water pump etc...

Hope you get some parts soon.

RIP [97 XL 4.2L V6]
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05 super View Post
congrats, i'm sure you'll be happy with the goodies. are you gettin a dyno after? keep us posted. now to convince the wife, hmmmm
yeah gonna get it a dyno run once the exhaust is on in May. IF gas aint to friggin' high I may take some vac. time and go to Troyer's shop and let him tweak it on the dyno.

RIP [97 XL 4.2L V6]
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 04:41 PM

that will be sweet.sounds like a nice roadtrip. gas here is 1.29/litre for reg. not even looking at the prem price.

2013 f150 Ecobeast
3.55 E locker
FX4 Screw
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05 super View Post
that will be sweet.sounds like a nice roadtrip. gas here is 1.29/litre for reg. not even looking at the prem price.
Whoa!!!..if it gets that high here no road trups this summer, hell I'll prolly have to bike to work :icon_sad: .

RIP [97 XL 4.2L V6]
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 04:54 PM

Send a message via MSN to Coruptyed
Ya im kinda ticked, and with gas dollar seven currently in St Thomas. .... not pretty. But were is troyer located?? i might have to check it out, but i might be able to have some perks on you for a little bit :p, my brithday is at the end of this month i get a present for my truck from my girlfriend so just since you posted this its gonna be something with performance lol. When you go up there let me know, i might come along for the ride to check it out...

p.s So your may with be muffler, since i already got that my may is gonna be new gears and diff, so October will be headers, supercharger etc all that fun stuff so i can keep the expensive stuff away from this month and next... but still keep up with you lol

The F150 UFO
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 04:56 PM

that won't work for me, 67 miles to work one way. glad it's only 2x a week. out on mon and home on thurs. of course, it would take me most of the week to get there and then it's home time. you've just given me a summer idea. haha

2013 f150 Ecobeast
3.55 E locker
FX4 Screw
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-14-2008, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme View Post
p.s So your may with be muffler, since i already got that my may is gonna be new gears and diff, so October will be headers, supercharger etc all that fun stuff so i can keep the expensive stuff away from this month and next... but still keep up with you lol
You may want to rethink the S/C idea. It'll be pricey and will entail some serious fab work. Just off the top of my head, new injectors #39 at least, colder spark plugs, fab upper intake adapter plate, intercooler, hoses, new higher flow fuel pump, plus the S/C itself. The Eaton M90 and M112 will fit but you gotta make the adapter plate or buy one from supersixmotorsports.com for $900. The Vortech VSQ-2 (something like that) might be a better way to go. Look at that ad in the classifieds here for a S/C f150, its got the vortech S/C on it.

Also depending on how many kms are on the motor you may not want to put taht big of a power adder on it. When I spoke with the guys at Chandlers here in London, they didn't recommend putting a S/C or a turbo on my motor, too many kms.

As for where Troyer is located:

Troyer Performance, Inc.
980 Valley Rigde Road
Covington, VA 24426

Phone: 540-965-7126
Fax: 540-965-7127
[email protected]

Hours of Operation:
M - F 10am - 6pm EST

Thats a 10 hr drive, 1 way.

RIP [97 XL 4.2L V6]

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode