Mil Eliminators - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-02-2008, 06:10 PM Thread Starter

Mil Eliminators

i wanna cut out the cats and i was just wondering if anyone knew were i could get some or how to make my own
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 01:04 AM

your own cats ? you can buy a set of aftermarket ones at alot of exhaust shops or even canadian tire places like that... as for removing them completly its a bit illegal lol but its your rig
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 03:44 AM Thread Starter

cats for my truck are on sale at canadian tire , for both sides it will be around the $800 mark which is insane i want to elimanate them and put in mil eliminators which is alot cheaper and as far as illegal they may be in ontario but i don't think it is in manitoba you may need them for a safety but thats only if i sell it plus better fuel economy and i think 1 of them is clogged i get a popping sound coming from the air cleaner and very little exhaust coming out the tail pipe the guy at the garage said that 1 or more of my cats were clogged.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 12:08 PM

Dude...forget crappy tire.... Go with aftermarket universal cats or even hiflows. I got 2 maggie hiflows for my 97 and cost was about $150, then just get a shop to weld in the new ones. Then make sure you get your old cats back from the shop and take them to a scrap metal dealer to get money for them. I got $200 for my 4 11yr old cats.

http://www.hottexhaust.com/Catalytic_Converters.htm

the ones I got were 94036 but they were cheaper when I got mine.

MIL eliminators will cost you about $100.

Whaddya mean I dont pay my bills?? Whydya think I'm broke!!

03 Lariat Crew 4x4 Line-x bedliner, Truxedo Lo-Pro QT Tonneau.
RIP [97 XL 4.2L V6]
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

thanks for the web site dude there are some good deals on that site,did you just replace the left and the right with high flows and keep the 2 post cats in or did you remove them ,is the subsrate in the cat worth money or why would a scrap metal dealer give you $200 for crap you know what i mean i don't think there is that much weight in metal that it would be $200 dollars but maybe there is something that i have not been informed of i guess if thats the case muffler shops would make a killing on crappy cats that i'm sure they replace on a daily bases.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 02:20 PM

I had a shop cut out all 4 cats and install just 2 hiflows. There are precious metals in the cats, Platinum, Rhodium and Palladium. Plat. is about $2000/oz, Rho about 450 and Pall about 900. There's only about a 1/10th of an oz of each in the cat but still big bucks. The newer models cars/trucks say anything newer than 2003 and aftermarket cats have different metals in them so they are not worth as much. I asked the scrap guy how much my hiflows were worth as scrap...$8.

Hell yeah a muffler shop aint gonna tell you you got big money in them old cats cuz they wanna charge you up the ass for the install AND they make money on your old cats when THEY take them to the scrap dealer. Most people don't know they are worth anything so they never ask for them back...so spread the word brotha!

RIP [97 XL 4.2L V6]
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 02:33 PM

what kinda place do you take the old cats.
i was gonna gut my cats today. but if i can get some cash back for stock cats i will get hi/flow cats to replace with.
i seen a brand new set of magnaflow hi-flo's yesterday for 100 shipped for both brand new. i should have jumped on it.

Really? Its the Internet take it easy.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 02:42 PM

model number for v6s are magnaflow #94005 and for v8s are #94006 both around 70$ each and you will need 2 to replace your 4 stock cats.

Really? Its the Internet take it easy.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 04:10 PM

with the emissions thing i would expect in the near future all provinces will make it manditory to help with the governments madate on smog plus if you travel at all (states/other provinces) and get yanked over they could make life hell lol

your old cats are full of precious metals that sort of thing so there worth a big buck thats why new factory ones are also bigbucks also there an exact fit where as the aftermarkets are universal
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-03-2008, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlairTruck View Post
what kinda place do you take the old cats.
i was gonna gut my cats today. but if i can get some cash back for stock cats i will get hi/flow cats to replace with.
i seen a brand new set of magnaflow hi-flo's yesterday for 100 shipped for both brand new. i should have jumped on it.
Just look around for a scrap metal dealer in your area.

RIP [97 XL 4.2L V6]

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode