OEM, side mirror question..? - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

OEM, side mirror question..?

In our 07 FX2 we have side mirrors that are heated, love the feature, so I was trying to find out if that feature is available in the 97-03 models.
I asked the parts guy at the local dealership, he said it was only available (heated with signal, signal not being in the glass but on the outside leading edge) on the Lariat King Ranch edition. So I set about trying to find a set and of course no luck at all.
So my question is, is their anyone who has the power signal heated feature out there in the 97-03 model years? If so, where is the switch located to turn on the heat feature.
I called my guy, where I buy all my parts from, at Tasca Ford, he said that it only lists power with signal and does not show if it comes with heat feature. He thinks that all power signal (with it on the leading edge) comes with the heat feature..?

I found a kit on ebay which has the signal in the glass with heat, that I can re-fit in my power mirrors. He told me that Ford has models from factory with the signal in the glass, I never seen one like that, but he tells me that this kit is from the manufacturer that supplies Ford these factory parts and these are those parts they sell it kit form to the public.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-23-2008, 10:18 PM

i thought this was offered on the 03 lariat fx4 and king ranch models,i'll have to check on monday to be sure.

a moments silence for the shelbyx,i hope her new owner enjoys as much.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-14-2009, 05:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbyx1 View Post
i thought this was offered on the 03 lariat fx4 and king ranch models,i'll have to check on monday to be sure.
..any luck?

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-14-2009, 08:40 PM

my 2003 xlt has signal mirror wiring in harness never checked for heat found wirng when I replaced the factorys with street scene's

-2003 F-150 5.4 4X2 SHORTBOX STEPSIDE
-HEAVILY MODIFIED

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode