6+ freakin' months to find the problem!? - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-14-2009, 05:46 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation 6+ freakin' months to find the problem!?

WTF?, I've had my 04 to the dealership 5-6-7 times over the past 6-7 months to try and get this, 'ticking, clicking' noise fixed that only happened when the hvac system was in the floor/def (cool and heat), panel and floor (cool and heat) as well as both a/c settings. This noise would get louder and more frequent the longer the truck was on, and all they kept telling me was, it's supposed to make that sound.

So I take it in the other day and put my foot down, I talked to the guy, who sold us the truck way back, who is now the service advisor, he grabs a tech, the tech sits in the truck, hears the noise, turns the fan to off, then to floor, no noise, turns it off again, turns it to floor def, we have noise, turns it off and turns it to a/c, we have noise, he says it's the a/c pump, needs to be replaced!
He says that when the hvac system is on the floor/def or panel floor, the a/c cuts in and out to take out the moisture in the cab!, which I didn't know, but he says it need to be fixed.
I ask him where was he 6+ months ago when I first brought it in!

I so friggn' pissed at these clowns, I'm going to talk the guy who owns the dealership, and give him ****!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-11-2009, 04:49 PM Thread Starter

..finally got the truck back yesterday, which it only took a day to fix, but having to go back and forth to the dealership to try to get them to look and fix it!, argh!!
So the tech, just to be sure, put on short belt, to bypass the ac pump, no ticking noise, put the long belt back on, ticking noise. Both the pump, which was leaking and the clutch had to be replaced, all covered on the extended warrenty, just had to pay the 100 deductable.

When I paid the bill the girl told me that ford will be calling to ask me about the service, can't wait!! to tell them..
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-11-2009, 08:55 PM

The people that call are probably in India and couldn't give a rats ass. Was your truck still in the original warranty when the problem was first address months ago?. If it was I would go back to the dealer and demand your $100 back and ask them to look up the date when you first asked them to diagnose the problem.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-11-2009, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tohi2care View Post
The people that call are probably in India and couldn't give a rats ass. Was your truck still in the original warranty when the problem was first address months ago?. If it was I would go back to the dealer and demand your $100 back and ask them to look up the date when you first asked them to diagnose the problem.
Actually the girl that called me for my service survey was the manager at the dealership!!!

2009 F150 XLT 4X4 5.4 / 2" Autospring Lift / 275/65R20 BFG All Terrains (34.1)
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tohi2care View Post
if the concern was originally writen up under base warranty(3yrs/60,000km)they should refer to that work order and be covered under base.

a moments silence for the shelbyx,i hope her new owner enjoys as much.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 01:11 AM

Seems if we want good reliable service from a Ford dealer we should all move to Shelby's town

Whaddya mean I dont pay my bills?? Whydya think I'm broke!!

03 Lariat Crew 4x4 Line-x bedliner, Truxedo Lo-Pro QT Tonneau.
RIP [97 XL 4.2L V6]
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 06:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbyx1 View Post
if the concern was originally writen up under base warranty(3yrs/60,000km)they should refer to that work order and be covered under base.
..it was passed the 3yr 60k km, when I bought out the truck at the end of the lease, I bought an extended warranty, to cover and extra 2 years 15k km, so I'm still under 60k km and the 5 year will end this june, but I can still get another warranty up to 7yr (or 8yr I forget?) and 100k km, bumper to bumper for $2600..

..It wasn't an issue with the warranty as much an issue of them saying, yes there is a problem with the truck. I got answers like, "it's supposed to make that noise".., and having to go back so many times for the to say, yes there is a problem, that was more my beef...
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 12:28 AM

ha ha, I know how ya feel. I took mine to the dealership i bought it cause I could here a rattle from my rear. The tech took it for a drive brought it back and told me it was the tonnel cover and they tried to chare me $170 just to say my tonnel cover was loose. I know I'm a girl, but please I know my share of truck stuff. I have my bf take it back and speak to the manager and they looked it was the pins in my brake caliper. Oh, but the pins aren't covered by warrenty, only the caliper is. LOL scam artists.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 07:18 AM

Well....... the don't call them "stealerships" for nothin !!

And I just HATE the way the service writers treat women & non mechanical people !!

-Greg

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode