HID Lights - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-12-2009, 10:20 AM Thread Starter
Apprentice

Question HID Lights

I hope that someone can help me.The problem that I am having is that I installed hid lights last night and eveything worked great but when I tried to change from hi to low beam the light were oppisite meaning that when I pushed the turn signal forward it changed the lights to low beam and when I pulled it back to normal mode it would change to high beam.I played around with the wiring connector for the light and still no go.I'm hopeing that someone out there has had this problem before if not I could use a little advise.DRL are not working at this time burnt out.Thanks Kim.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-12-2009, 11:47 AM

Send a message via MSN to Bush_aholic
I would check you factory wire harness with a test light or a volt meter make sure nothings crossed, then check that no wires from the hid kit could have gotten crossed some how, If high beam/low beams worked fine it must be a wiring issue from the install.

Also a common problem from HID's is the relay being too close to other electrical components causing electrical interfearance(magnetic) with other components of the truck.

BTW Welcome to FordTough.ca! I see your from Dryden I'm up there for work usually a few times a year, cops are intense up there.

I only drive in the city, to get out of it!!!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-12-2009, 11:48 AM

try reversing the connector (the lock clips wont lineup) buddy had the same prob on his blazer and it worked to just reverse the connectors

it might help

2007 F350 6.0L Ext cab short box 4x4
2000 F150 5.4L Reg cab short box 2wd
?? always looking for a new ford project !

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-13-2009, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
Apprentice

Hi .Thanks for getting back to me on my problem.I fixed it and it was a wiring issue from the relay harness.the wires did not plug into the factory harness properly and I had to move them around for them to work,but I got it to work and now my highs and lows work like they should.As for the cop issue the reason I think that they are intense is that they have nothing better to do and they are all trying to see who can obtain more brownie points.Thanks for your reply. Kim

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode