Would like some ideas - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-12-2009, 11:13 PM Thread Starter

Would like some ideas

I have a 2003 F150 xtr. My Boyfriend already did the exhaust and intake, he also put an edge evolution chip in it. I love my truck, but I'm getting a lil bored with the way it looks. Could ya please take a look at my pics and give me some ideas. I know the basics of what I want, I just don't know the specifics of the parts and where to get them. I would like advice on headlights, tail lights, grills, handles, nurf bars and possibly a lift if anyone thinks it might look good. I'd like to see a pic of a truck like mine done up. Oh and I can't forget rims and tires.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated, my bf only wants it to run good, not look good LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 02:22 PM

The choices are endless it all depends on your budget and what your preference is

http://www.fordtough.ca/forums/signaturepics/sigpic435_3.gif
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 12:22 AM Thread Starter

but what i need to know, is where to start looking???? I have no idea what good quality brands are, I don't want any cheap sh!t that is gonna break on me.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 12:38 AM

Send a message via MSN to herbz
Well I see you're located in Rocky Mtn House. Check out Canada Custom Vehicles in Red Deer on Gasoline Alley next to Festival Ford. I know they stock pretty much everything from lights to suspension parts to wheels and tires. Ebay is also a great place to get lights from I've order tons of stuff of ebay for my last 2 trucks so you could start there. Suspension wise though I'd stick with a local place.

2016 F150 XLT XTR 4x4 2.7 Ecoboost
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 08:31 AM

i'd start with new wheels and tires (probably 20's), a billet grille, and removing the chrome on the rockers.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 12:08 PM

Well first you have to decide what you want and go from there, for lights you could get some Ford Lightning or Harley lights, used or new replicas from E bay, lot's of tail lights there too or you could just spray them with nightshades or have a body shop spray them to tint them with some black paint/ clear coat mixture, lots of grilles on E bay too, for Nerf bars I have westin chrome stainless steel, I have seen some buy a company called U Guard that looked nice as well, and for a lift you have to decide how high you want to go you can turn up the torsion bars in the front and add a AAL (add a leaf) in the rear to gain a couple inches or put in a 3" body lift or but in a 6" suspension or combine the suspension and body lift together like I did, RCD and Fabtech make good lift kits for the '97- '03 body styles, don't forget to decide what tire size you want as well, just get an idea what you want to do with it and you can decide from there

Heres my truck 6" suspension, 3" body lift on 35/12.50/17's

http://www.fordtough.ca/forums/signaturepics/sigpic435_3.gif
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 02:35 PM

.... Matte Black paint, thats all im gunna say.. *drowl* mmm, Matte Black trucks :p
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 06:05 PM

Andertr, I'd start with a window tint - very few things you can do under a hundred bucks will change the look of a truck the way tint does.
Next, I'd probably look at changing out the grille for either a different style OEM or a billet (if you like the look of billet) Right now, your truck looks like just about every other Ford out there; change the grille to make it unique.
Along with the grille, you could get some aftermarket lights, there's tons of APC taillights on eBay that will really wake it up. If you're into it, you could do the headlights too, maybe projector style or something similar.
If you've got the budget, aftermarket wheels will also make your truck unique from the rest of the stockers.
Just be prepared, once you start it can be hard to stop!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 02:33 PM

for rims go to www.americanracing.com ,you can select your vehicle and get an idea of what the rims will look like on your truck.

a moments silence for the shelbyx,i hope her new owner enjoys as much.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 02:40 PM

shop around because Headlights and taillights are way cheaper online, jbs in edmonton are atleast twice the price of everything online

Really? Its the Internet take it easy.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode