Lets see some custom speaker installs - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-13-2009, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice

Unhappy Lets see some custom speaker installs

I picked up some sound system pieces REAL cheap (under $100 total) today, and now have to solve the puzzle of how to get them in the truck AND looking professional.

Its a 99 standard cab, and the head unit is a year-old Pioneer with all the bells and whistles so can more than handle the back end.

Door speaker replacement is no biggie.

The amp can go on the back wall behind the seat.

NOW, I have one subwoffer in a tube 8"high and 18" long...plus 2 6" round in ported boxes about 8"x8"x5" or so. THOSE are gonna be fun to find a place for, AND still keep the wiring hidden and all seating useable. I have thought of the sub on the tranny tunnel, or in the dip between the headrests on the back of the seat, but either option kills off my 3rd person capacity.

any ideas on this one???

if REALLY need be, I do have the skills and tools to build a custom box to go behind the seat for all of it, but these things were factory tuned for sound performance and I would really rather not mess with that, plus I dont really want to muffle the sound by putting them under/behind the seat....plus I carry a LOT of stuff for work behind the seat, wich would be a REAL p.i.t.a. to have to carry in a box in the back.

wimper....... I know, I should have thought of this before buying the stuff !!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-13-2009, 07:11 PM

Send a message via MSN to lumberjack
Well you could ask " viper238 " for some help he was a audio installer at best buy. He does all my stuff and he does really good work. Myself I'd do a custom box to house everything behind the seat as thats your only option. Unless you do a bucket seat swap.

Lumberjack
2010 F150 Supercrew 4X4
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-13-2009, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice

Thanks.....

an interior swap IS in the plans, but the weather turned too cold too fast before I got around to doing it, and I somehow fail to see the "fun" in tramping thru junkyards looking for doners in minus-anything temps, so that will wait until next fall probably.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode