Super Crew Pulls to the Right - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-07-2010, 02:57 AM Thread Starter
Forum Newbie

Super Crew Pulls to the Right

My 2003 Super Crew pulls to the right and has worn down the outer half of TWO passenger tires (2nd after rotation).
Tread is worn about the same on both.
I bought a set of five tires originally (always like to have a new matching spare).
Replaced the worn tire with the spare so as not to move the issue around if it was the tire.
I have to turn the wheel to the left to keep it tracking straight.
Had an alignment done and had it checked twice since and I am always told that there is nothing loose or in need of adjustment/replacement.
The calipers are free and the whole suspension is tight.
I am at a total loss for this one. Any ideas?
Truck has ABS.
Could it be the front Wheel Hubs?
If so, wouldn't that show up during the alignment and subsequent checks?

Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-09-2010, 11:52 PM

sounds like an alignment angle concern,possibly too much positive toe,they maybe setting total toe instead of l/r toe,your optimum angle would be .06-.10deg and has to be set with clear vision strait(steering wheel level)you may want to try a different alignment shop.

a moments silence for the shelbyx,i hope her new owner enjoys as much.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-24-2010, 03:37 PM

I would recomend taking it to the dealer for an alignment. I have never had good luck with any shop other than a dealer regarding front end alignments. I don't want to mention the name of any shops specificly, but their tires are Canadian, and a couple of indipendant shops that specialize in front end alignment, didn't do it right either. The first two things that should be done on a front end alignment are: check tire pressure, and check the vehicle ride hight. The dealerships did this right, but nobody else did, hell, the tire place could have adjusted the vehicle ride hight on my wifes Blazer with the adjustable torsion bars in about 5 minutes, and charged me .5hrs to do it. I had to bring it back and make them do it right. One of the other shops said to change my "Goodyear Scramblers" because the were no good. I did that, and the truck still pulled right. The dealer chared my about double the price, but it's worth it when the car practically steers itself going down the road.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode