Sirrus Sat Radio Working out of Contract - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-24-2011, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

Sirrus Sat Radio Working out of Contract

I drive a 2010 S'crew which I bought new in Sept 2010.

The deal came with 6 months Sirrus/XM sat radio (as per all other Fords) and sure enough at the beginning of March 2011 my freebie was lost when they switched me off.

I debated long and hard about renewing and taking a lifetime subscription, but didnt do anything about it, nor did I contact them, so they do not have any details for me.

Anyway, driving to work yesterday and being stuck on the 401 in Toronto, I was flicking through bands to 680AM for a traffic update when I accidently stopped on Sat2 and accidently changed from channel 1 which displayed the usual not working message to channel 2 which was working. Surprised by this I then checked all other channels which all worked (with the exclusion to channel 1) on Sat 1, 2 & 3.

This was the same on my drive home and again on the way in this morning, YAY, free Sirrus!

Has this happened to anyone else? The other idea I had was Sirrus are trying to tempt expired users to renew by giving a limited time free service?

I'm hoping that it is a mistake by Sirrus and it stays on. Just got to hope they do not realise it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-24-2011, 12:15 PM

Garage
That's sweet. But watch out, "Big Brother" is watching! lol

The Hauler - '05 F-350 4x4 CC Dually 6.0 Powerstroke
The Project - '90 Ford Bronco 4x4
The wife's - '11 Ford Escape
For every minute you are away from work...you can add two minutes to your life!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-24-2011, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

Having read others' experiences with Sirrus in the past when they are trying to get deals etc, that thought ran through my head too, however, as they have no contact information for me (unless Ford sends it automatically to them when I purchased the truck), they have no idea who I am, and from a legal stand point, I never requested the service, so it is their bad, lol.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-24-2011, 07:23 PM

you can get some crazy deals if you phone sirius and tell them to cancel. everyone gets something different. depending on how hard you bust there balls.

also i have heard plenty of peoples accounts staying on for months after cancellations

I bought the lifetime subscription 4 years ago so its paid for itself now. and will never go back to commercial radio.

and you can get the Sirius app and stream all day on your phone if you have a legit subscription or even use someone you knows log in info. my wife and i just use the same log in info and we both get Sirius on our phone, just not at the same time.

Also if you vehicle has aux in pluging you can get just the internet Sirius account which is cheaper monthly and use your phone as your re in your car. I dont know how good it would work though in the boonies where you lose cellphone connections. But most places have signals now

Really? Its the Internet take it easy.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-25-2011, 01:28 PM

I got an email last week from sirius saying the service is free until the end of the month .they're trying to get you to subscribe
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-25-2011, 01:37 PM

Personally, I wouldn't pay more than $5 or so a month. Not in the truck enough to make it worthwhile.

Dave

2010 Ford Ranger FX4
Armaguard sprayed on bed liner
Truxedo Low Pro QT tonneau cover
Studded General Altimax Arctic P245/75-16 winter tires on black steelies
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-26-2011, 01:16 AM

Send a message via MSN to Viper238
My original sub from ford lasted a year. My dads only 6months.. But i never listen to it tho. I like local radio for local news, and weather etc.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-26-2011, 09:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfman1 View Post
I got an email last week from sirius saying the service is free until the end of the month .they're trying to get you to subscribe
Thanks, this was my thought too, I was surprised as it had been de-activated some 7 months previously. I will just have to see if it stays on come the beginning of Dec. Somehow I don't think I will be that lucky!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-26-2011, 10:47 AM

I have been running without subscription for 18 months now, 2 of my units have not been de-activated since cancelling service. Credit card has not been charged since.

2011 Chevrolet Camaro RS2SS
2007 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP
2007 Ford Crown Victoria P71

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 09:46 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokefan View Post
I have been running without subscription for 18 months now, 2 of my units have not been de-activated since cancelling service. Credit card has not been charged since.
I hope im as lucky as you Smoke....just keeping my fingers X

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode