Which Truck? Help? - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
Dan

Which Truck? Help?

Hello, new to the forum and I'm about to buy a truck. Im looking for some insight and advice as to which package or model of F150 to go with.

I only need 4x4 and maybe supercab, so Im not sure which of the 2011/2012 models or engines to go with and which trim packages as well. (also mod friendly)

Please give me some advice as I will be purchasing a truck very soon!!
I appreciate it!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 07:03 PM

Garage
Welcome to fordtough.ca.

Pretty much wide open as far as suggestions for what package or model of F150 to go with, only limited by how much you're looking to spend.

Go big or go home....2012 Raptor. lol

801A - 6550 lb bundle of joy
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 07:49 PM

Send a message via MSN to lumberjack
If the raptor had seating for 6 that would be my choice of truck, but it only seats 5 even in the supercrew model, sucks as I really like the raptor

Lumberjack
2010 F150 Supercrew 4X4

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 08:00 PM

Send a message via MSN to herbz
I think you can't ever go wrong with an FX4. I think it has a nice balance of options and the styling in my opinion is one of the nicest of all the trucks Ford offers. The new 5.0L would be my choice for the engine.

2016 F150 XLT XTR 4x4 2.7 Ecoboost
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 07:48 PM Thread Starter
Dan

I am stuck to the basics of an xlt 4x4 supercab.

I have decided to go with the 5.0, with 3.50 gearing i believe.

Any insight into this combination? 3:73 is not offered on this package, but i was wondering what the concenus on this would be.

I appreciate some input as I have to make my decision soon.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 11:19 PM

It'll be the 3.55 rear-end, is it just the 3.55 or 3.55 limited slip? The 3.73 LS would be my pick, a little better towing with some more low end grunt and really now difference in fuel economy. If the Offroad package is an available option (which I think it should be) you could get the 3.73 rear-end.

post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 07:52 PM Thread Starter
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbz View Post
It'll be the 3.55 rear-end, is it just the 3.55 or 3.55 limited slip? The 3.73 LS would be my pick, a little better towing with some more low end grunt and really now difference in fuel economy. If the Offroad package is an available option (which I think it should be) you could get the 3.73 rear-end.
Ya i really wanted the 3:73 but i ended up getting the 3:55 because they already had the truck on the lot and I'm a sucker for the race red colour! and the price was right

no offroad package just means that i will have to upgrade on my own

Should be expecting the 2011 5.0 supercab xlt/xtr pkg 4x4 chrome pkg etc. sometime this week in race red lol!!
(p.s. if any one knows, I have seen a few race red trucks with the ugly grey stripe down each side of the truck close to the running boards, and i HOPE this is not goign to be on my truck! lol
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Ya i really wanted the 3:73 but i ended up getting the 3:55 because they already had the truck on the lot and I'm a sucker for the race red colour! and the price was right

no offroad package just means that i will have to upgrade on my own

Should be expecting the 2011 5.0 supercab xlt/xtr pkg 4x4 chrome pkg etc. sometime this week in race red lol!!
(p.s. if any one knows, I have seen a few race red trucks with the ugly grey stripe down each side of the truck close to the running boards, and i HOPE this is not goign to be on my truck! lol
so you didnt see your truck? you dont know what colors might be on it? sounds like you might now be settling for something you just said you didnt like.

Really? Its the Internet take it easy.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 08:42 PM

Not sure what you mean by ugly stripe. Are you thinking of maybe some trucks that have two-tone paint?

Anywho congrats on the new truck. I'm sure you'll love it.

post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-05-2011, 08:48 PM Thread Starter
Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbz View Post
Not sure what you mean by ugly stripe. Are you thinking of maybe some trucks that have two-tone paint?
the truck was "in storage"... i assumed it was purely race red paint. But when i started looking at pics online some had the two tone.... I am waiting for the dealer to get back to me on it.

I never settled, I just didn't want to many bells and whistles as they add up lol

And by ugly stripe I do mean the two tone paint,sorry for lack of better words. And Im unsure as to whether or not ALL trucks with race red come with this or if its special?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode