Flow Thru Consol Storage Lid Hinge - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-30-2012, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

Post Flow Thru Consol Storage Lid Hinge

Some time over the last week I broke the hinge sping on the lid in the centre consol of my truck . I thought no big deal I will go to ford and order a replacement. I went to the parts counter told the the guy what I was looking for he looked it up on his computer gave me a price (approx 15.00) and told me I could pick it up the next day ... Prefect . I paid him and left . I returned today and it was the wrong part . He ordered a support bracket for the hinge.
No problem I thought just re order the right part ... Wrong . He say's he can't just order the hinge you have to buy the hinge and lid . 310.00 PLUS TAX.
So I asked him to refund me the 15.00 for the bracket and he told me there are no refunds on special orders . Over the years I have spent a lot of money at Dixie Ford on parts and have treated I thought very well . It seems
strange that they would take this position over a 15.00 part return . I guess I can add another Ford Dealer ship to my ever growing list of will not return to's.

Thanks For Letting Me Vent ...
Larry

Load It Like A Railcar........................... Drive It Like A Stockcar..........................
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-30-2012, 07:12 PM

Garage
Pretty short sighted on Dixie Ford's part Larry, especially considering they screwed up the order in the first place.

The $310 bucks for the hinge and lid is another story lol, but they should have taken the part back and refunded your cash.

Not so much about the $15 refund, as the principle of not fixing their mistake.... they should have ate it and smiled, would have been a smarter business decision in the long run.

Don't blame you a bit for not going back...there's plenty of Ford dealers out there that would be more than happy to help you out I'm going to guess.

801A - 6550 lb bundle of joy
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-30-2012, 07:56 PM

Send a message via MSN to lumberjack
As Mike said very bad decission on the parts counter guy to not return a simple $15 part being he screwed up, Myself I would have went to management and bitched that there part counter guy screwed up and won't return the friggin part.

Lumberjack
2010 F150 Supercrew 4X4

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-30-2012, 09:12 PM

I hear ya Larry,
The parts guy where I bot the truck is an A-hole, My wiper blade fell apart, so I took it in and he wanted to charge me $25, I said what about warranty, he's trying to tell me it's not under warranty, I told him I will go to Canadian Tire and get one for under $20. I did finally get the blade

2012 XLT F150 (Sterling Grey)
Tonneau Cover, 15% Tint, 6" Rough Country Lift, 18" Helo 6 Wheels(chrome), 35" Toyo Open Country A/T's, SuperChip, Rear Wheel well Liners, Hood Shield,
Window Visors, Fender Flares
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-30-2012, 10:13 PM

Send a message via MSN to Viper238
Larry- I would have told them where to stick it as well. It's principle.

Kieth- I believe there is only 3 or 6months warranty from ford. yet canadian tire has like 1 yr replacement warranty.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-30-2012, 10:20 PM

Larry- did you by any chance get the part number of the lid assembly you need?

Tascaparts.com usually has most parts for 50% less then our local canadian dealers.
??
http://www.tascaparts.com/parts/2009...iagram=MA09715
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 05:35 AM Thread Starter

Travis ... I forgot about tasca . I dont have the part # but these are the same diagrams as the that ford uses . I should be able to get the part from them .

Thanks for posting the link.

Load It Like A Railcar........................... Drive It Like A Stockcar..........................
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 06:04 AM

Larry, no problem.
If you had the part number it would be an easy find on Tasca's site. After a bit of searching though, I found that diagram. #19 I believe, you just need you interior color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 06:51 AM

That's too bad about your troubles. Sounds like a lot of BS to me if he's the one that messed up the order.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-31-2012, 08:46 AM Thread Starter

It's really just a waste of time ... I mean some times we have to go to a ford dealer to get the parts and or service for our vehicals and that and that is ok with me . I like to put oem parts back on my truck . The question is this ... Why does it have to become a pissing contest between the consumer and the dealer . A mistake was made or he missunderstood what I needed. Maybe I did not say Hinge for the consol lid of a 2009 f-150 Lariat clear enough . What does it mater ... I am a ford owner and Customer why not help me spend my money here in Canada at my LOCAL FORD DEALERSHIP in stead of forcing me to shop on line in the USA . Dixie Ford , Erinwood Ford and others will not shut down because Larry won't buy parts or service from them but one by one I'm sure they will feel the loss in market share because me and others take there money else where.

Again Thanks for Letting Me Vent

Thanks again Travis for the link ... I found the part and part # just have to call and confirm the colour .

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode