Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

HELP-Navigation/Sound System Problems

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  2MUCH 
#1 ·
I started my truck today and the stereo went straight to FM radio.I tried to lower the volume but the volume control does nothing.My heater controls(up and down arrows) don't do anything and the heat is set to 32.The touch screen is still functional and allowed me to switch to Sirius.When I touch the map a message saying a fault was found and I need to go to the dealership pops up.

I live three hours from the dealership and don't want to drive for 6hrs if there is an easy fix.

Does anyone know what could be wrong with my system?I have a 2010 150 Lariat with the Sony Nav Pkg.

Thanks

#2 ·
try unhooking the battery for an hour..

there is capacitors that hold voltage. for the air bag system etc. so an hour should dissipate all the extra voltage.
If that doesn't do it.

then you probably have a bad module.
My Sync module went bad roughly 4 months after i bought my truck.

#3 ·
Thanks for the info.The whole unit in was replaced about a year ago under warranty but I now have 62000 and didn't buy the extended warranty.I'm hoping its nothing major.

Anyone else feel free to chime in.

#4 ·
Anyone else feel free to chime in.[/QUOTE]

Trade it in on a 2012 and don't get the nav system. A good Garmin gps is a lot better and upgradable compaired to the one that comes with this truck.

Well that is my .02cents worth.. D:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.