sirius radio - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-03-2013, 01:08 AM Thread Starter

sirius radio

I see they are offering up a couple of weeks of free sirius radio for people with 2009 and newer Fords that let theirs expire. I think I saw it on pickup trucks.com.

2011 F-150 XTR Ecoboost
2002 Dakota Quad cab sport-traded
1991 Jeep Cammanche Pioneer-sold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-03-2013, 05:20 AM

Send a message via MSN to Viper238
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosthex13 View Post
I see they are offering up a couple of weeks of free sirius radio for people with 2009 and newer Fords that let theirs expire. I think I saw it on pickup trucks.com.
I told them I get it for free and i still don't want it. Stop calling and sending me shit.
They still send me shit in the mail. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-03-2013, 07:44 AM

Garage
Sirius is as shitty as FM radio.

Be warned they're also big fans of negative billing - I was going to let my subscription lapse when I noticed an un-authorized payment on my credit card.

I'll take full responsibilty for being too lazy to call and cancel, but they tried to screw me more than once. (long story, check the Rant of the Day thread)

The assholes billed me full price for a year, and when I called to cancel, they said it would be a $40 service fee because the subscription just renewed.

I hope they enjoy that year because I'll never give them another cent, and be sure to tell everyone how badly they suck.

I'm with Travis....don't want it even if it's free and quit spamming up my mailbox. Assholes.

801A - 6550 lb bundle of joy

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-03-2013, 09:33 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to hogdust
I liked it when I had it. The 12 Shelby is still in the free period but since I am not driving it, it's a wasted subscription.

I will have it in the Raptor now for six month, free. I will use it during that time for sure. It has just gotten way overpriced for a year long subscription. At $100 a year I would do it, but double that is just to high.

2019 RAM 1500 Big Horn Northern Edition - Patriot Blue Pearl
Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover - Flowmaster 10 Muffler - Tint - Side Steps - Bedrug - 20x9 Fuel Beast Wheels - TrailFX Bull Bar with Light Bar
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-03-2013, 11:25 AM

sirius is 1million times better then fm. but if you listen everyday to the same channels you will hear the same music EVERYDAY. but the no commercials on music stations is the best.

I bought a lifetime subscription over 5 years ago so i have no worries of every paying again or negative billing.
And with the sirius app on your phone you can, pause, rewind, record anything you like. and if you listen to talk radio (howard,Ellis) you can download past episodes and listen.

Really? Its the Internet take it easy.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-03-2013, 11:35 AM

Garage
Yah, that's what I want, the same shit every day.

I tuned into the kids channels when we had it in the wife's Edge, and there seemed to be nothing but commercials.

When I said it was as shitty as FM, I was refering to the schticky DJ's with their shitty mindless banter....and the same song track they repeat every 12 hours.

Shut your cake holes and stop playing the same shit all the time.

That, coupled with the inept, barely functional Engrish as a second language Sirius Radio Bombay Customer Service....had enough.

post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-03-2013, 11:56 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to hogdust
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlairTruck View Post
sirius is 1million times better then fm. but if you listen everyday to the same channels you will hear the same music EVERYDAY. but the no commercials on music stations is the best.

I bought a lifetime subscription over 5 years ago so i have no worries of every paying again or negative billing.
And with the sirius app on your phone you can, pause, rewind, record anything you like. and if you listen to talk radio (howard,Ellis) you can download past episodes and listen.
Life time subscriptions are only valid for the Radio/Receiver you signed up with at the time. They used to let you carry it forward once I think, but not anymore. So you change your Receiver you lose the subscription.

2019 RAM 1500 Big Horn Northern Edition - Patriot Blue Pearl
Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover - Flowmaster 10 Muffler - Tint - Side Steps - Bedrug - 20x9 Fuel Beast Wheels - TrailFX Bull Bar with Light Bar
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-03-2013, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdust View Post
Life time subscriptions are only valid for the Radio/Receiver you signed up with at the time. They used to let you carry it forward once I think, but not anymore. So you change your Receiver you lose the subscription.
i only listen on my iphone now so it will work for me forever. and im poor westerner with an old as vehicle without built in Sirius.

Really? Its the Internet take it easy.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-03-2013, 09:57 PM

as an XM subscriber on my Honda, I called them when my Sirius free one was up and after a little haggling they gave me a year for $75 for my truck
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 04:19 AM

Garage
No doubt, call before the subscription is up and say you want to cancel, and they'll keep dropping the price until you change your mind.

I was coming off a two year contact, same pricing, $75 a year, when they screwed me with this negative billing bullshit....$200 for one year.

There's a sure fire way to keep customers.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode