Looking for some advice. Issues with my new Scorpions Headlight - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-25-2013, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

Looking for some advice. Issues with my new Scorpions Headlight

Hi, hope someone can help me on this; I just got a set of new scorpion headlight. Link to see picture of the actual headlight. They are nice but very disappointed in a way. When I put my truck in drive without tuning the switch on i only have one side that fire when running on my DRL (Daytime running light) sometime it’s the passenger side sometime the driver side that works. If I put the switch on before putting into drive all is working. I emailed the company they are saying I have bad ballast. And they want me to ship it back for test. I am finding it hard to believe that I would have had two bad ballast in those new headlights. Did anyone go through that same problem? Please if anyone have a solution.

Thanks
http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-1116174...253_2952697027
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-25-2013, 03:22 PM

I would unplug the relay completely, there is usually not enough juice to fire the ballast. Re-wire your driving lights so that they operate all the time and then you have solved the day-time running light issue, and you also save frying your ballasts.

I just checked the link, does the halo fire for your daytime running light? If so, you have to wire this to a full hot wire, the relay for most day-time running lights runs high beams at half wattage to save on bulb life.

ManFord
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-25-2013, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manford View Post
I would unplug the relay completely, there is usually not enough juice to fire the ballast. Re-wire your driving lights so that they operate all the time and then you have solved the day-time running light issue, and you also save frying your ballasts.

I just checked the link, does the halo fire for your daytime running light? If so, you have to wire this to a full hot wire, the relay for most day-time running lights runs high beams at half wattage to save on bulb life.
Thanks Sir for you help, Yes the Halo fires on day time running lights, I apreciate your help thanks

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-25-2013, 11:06 PM

Don't thank me until you get back to us on whether it worked

ManFord
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-29-2013, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

Install a relay harness all is good.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode