Traded the '11 for a '13 - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-17-2013, 09:31 AM Thread Starter

Traded the '11 for a '13

I was in the dealer a couple of months ago and we got to talking about the '13's and ended up trading in the '11 for one. It arrived about 2 weeks ago. First coloured vehicle we've had in over 10 yrs. Swore I'd never buy white, then I did, and now I feel weird having something that isn't. Weird. It's so conspicuous though. Can't miss this thing. Everywhere you go you can see the guys stop and stare (do women even notice?) and with the '11, I don't think it even got noticed. Do see that after a week or 2 it's (the '11) not on the dealers lot anymore - unless one of the salesman is using it or it's inside for a go-over. Wouldn't surprise me if they sold it already...probably a good thing I don't know how much I screwed myself out of by trading it in. Anyway, here's the new one. 3.5, XTR, 3.55's this time (hope that isn't a mistake), towing mirrors and yay, the larger tank!

Nice that the roof ridges are now outties. Doesn't hole near as much water as before.

This was the last camping trip with the white truck...I hope the new one is as good as the white one was.

We never had any issues with it. So far...2 weeks in, noticed paint flaw (getting fixed, which scares the bejeebers out of me, metallics never look right after they've been messed with), wire to the mirror wasn't properly installed (I really wonder how this thing got past quality control), wife's been having a hard time turning her key (I think it's the steering lock, just yank the wheel down a bit hon, it'll work - so I switched my key for hers, see if her issues continue), could've sworn I felt a surging as I was passing a semi the other day, from 50kmh up it was like it was starving from fuel. Tank was dang near empty...but still. It didn't do it again so who knows. Just my luck I get a new one and I end up with a lemon. Time will tell...too bad we don't have lemon laws in this country.

Ford F150 XLT/XTR S/Crew EcoBoost

2011 Fusion Sport 2011

Lone Chevy...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-17-2013, 10:24 AM

nice upgrade

Really? Its the Internet take it easy.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-17-2013, 10:28 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstuff View Post
...... Wouldn't surprise me if they sold it already...probably a good thing I don't know how much I screwed myself out of by trading it in....3.55's this time (hope that isn't a mistake)... Just my luck I get a new one and I end up with a lemon. Time will tell...too bad we don't have lemon laws in this country.

Congrats on the new XTR.....what's the state of the glass of water as you see it ?

No, wait.... I think I know this one, don't tell me.

801A - 6550 lb bundle of joy

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-17-2013, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

Is that a shot...or a "just being funny shot"? So hard to tell...this being the internet and all. On a positive note...it's better on gas than your Raptor.

2011 Fusion Sport 2011

Lone Chevy...
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-17-2013, 05:47 PM

Send a message via MSN to Viper238
Nice.

If your looking for problems and being paranoid you feel and hear things.

Don't get me wrong, don't drive like a zombie.
Just sayin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-17-2013, 09:11 PM

Congrat's on your new ride ... Enjoy !!!

Load It Like A Railcar........................... Drive It Like A Stockcar..........................
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-17-2013, 10:40 PM

Send a message via MSN to Northern Supercrew
Nice new pickup..Congrats..and if the glass is 1/2 full or 1/2 empty..there's still room for booze

2013 f150 Ecobeast
3.55 E locker
FX4 Screw
SSI tuned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 01:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper238 View Post
Nice.

If your looking for problems and being paranoid you feel and hear things.

Don't get me wrong, don't drive like a zombie.
Just sayin.
I'm sure it'll all be fine. Lots to read (on other forums) about issues with these things yet the '11 didn't have them (except the shuddering while towing, but Ford now has that in the manual as being normal ) A couple of minor glitches to start...it was probably built on a Monday or Friday. The colour is great, though harder to keep clean than white. Still wouldn't pick any other truck.

2011 Fusion Sport 2011

Lone Chevy...
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 08:07 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redstuff View Post
Is that a shot...or a "just being funny shot"? So hard to tell...this being the internet and all. On a positive note...it's better on gas than your Raptor.
I wouldn't be so high and mighty on your Ecoboost's gas mileage over the 6.2L.....my numbers were as good as yours, if not slightly better.

Comparatively speaking, you'll spend more on coffee or beer in a week than I will on gas in the Raptor, so you're not saving as much as you think you are.

As far as being a shot.....you can take it any way you want, but if you take anything on the Internet seriously, you're doing it all wrong.

It pays to have a sense of humour on hand.

801A - 6550 lb bundle of joy
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

"It pays to have a sense of humour on hand." You didn't see the dancing chicken??

Don't worry about it...just been on some forums and encountered some egos (GMInside News comes to mind), you being a moderator I was hoping you weren't being a dick right off. Apologize for my assumption. I know I don't post much here (not a terribly busy place to begin with) but it's a homegrown (i.e. Cdn) forum so I figured I'd show off the new truck...it's always fun seeing someone's new truck...it's exciting.

As for the mileage thing, believe me I know. I think I had the worst or 3rd worst '11 on Fuelly. Maybe I still do. Doesn't hurt or help that out of it's 52,000 km life with us, 20-25% of that was towing the camper. Gonna suck some gas doing that. Was tempted to go for a 6.2 this time around if they're really no worse than this thing is. Thinking about it now, as little as I hope we drive this thing (buying the Sonic saves $100-200/mo on gas so far compared to last year), it probably wouldn't have been a bad choice. And I'd bet it tows better than the 5.0 (which was truly awful in comparison to the E/B - I tried one), maybe not as easy as the E/B, but close enough and it would make all the right noises too. Maybe next time.

Oh, and I forgot...I don drink coffee, or beer. Can't stand the taste of either.

2011 Fusion Sport 2011

Lone Chevy...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode