dealer add ons of rust, paint, fabric protection - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

Question dealer add ons of rust, paint, fabric protection

Hi
Just wondered if any of you got the added protection that the dealers offer for rust, fabric and paint? It seemed a bit expensive to me and was not sure it was worth it. I have to decide by beginning of next week, so would appreciate your feedback! Also, what about extended warranties? etc.
After buying the truck and getting over "sticker shock", I was not in any mood to be sold another $2000.00 worth of add ons...so I have declined for now....

need advice!
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 11:05 PM

do a search online.. fordesp.ca is a site that offers the extended warranty. once you click the one you want, the next sceen shows the "Sale" price... it's usually a couple hundred cheaper! I'd start negotiating from that price down!

I didn't get anything else... it's usually not cost effective
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 11:21 PM

Send a message via MSN to Lone Ranger
I got the undercoating done on mine, thats all. The rest I personally have no problems chalking up to normal wear and tear.. Then again I plan on owning the truck until it basically dies. LR

Matt T.

'09 Ford Ranger FX4 with a mean owner

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 11:58 PM

dad just got it if they cover what they say they do then its well worth it.... as long as he owns it it rusts they fix it they spill something clean it up it leaves a mark they take it for a total clean or cloth replacement at the dealer.... some items are high priced but there price for the body protect and interior package they cut by over 50% and add on items like stepbars, bedcovers the prices are negotiable at least they nocked of quite a bit of $$ on his truck

same with there insurance coverage (life) they cut it by 75% because he could get it cheaper at his bank

2007 F350 6.0L Ext cab short box 4x4
2000 F150 5.4L Reg cab short box 2wd
?? always looking for a new ford project !
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 08:46 AM

I picked up my new truck this week and still can't decide which type of rust protection
to get. The electronic (diamond kote) from the dealer sounds good but does it realy
work ? I checked out crown rust rust protection (oil spray) covers everthing but just
not to sure about having holes drilled in the body. Any imput would be appreciated.

Load It Like A Railcar........................... Drive It Like A Stockcar..........................
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 01:56 PM

IMO Don't waste your $$ at the dealer for fabric protection go to CT and get a couple cans of Scotchgard and do it yourself, for Rust protection what I do is go to Krown annually any one on this board who has seen my truck can tell you its done it's job [no body rot on my 11 year old beast] and as for extended warranty's choice is really up to you I generally don't bother with them myself

http://www.fordtough.ca/forums/signaturepics/sigpic435_3.gif
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUKNUTZ View Post
I picked up my new truck this week and still can't decide which type of rust protection
to get. The electronic (diamond kote) from the dealer sounds good but does it realy
work ? I checked out crown rust rust protection (oil spray) covers everthing but just
not to sure about having holes drilled in the body. Any imput would be appreciated.

The holes in my doors were drilled behind the door weather striping so they are hidden and all other areas are accessible through body plugs underneath

I found this on the Krown website and no I do not work for Them just been going there with all my trucks for over 17 years and know it works well http://www.krown.com/ecr/

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 05:30 PM

Rust protection is an east coast thing lol

I would personally get the extended PREMIUM warranty. It has saved me over $5000 in expenses after the original factory warranty was up. And for the interior protection, if you have the "premium" cloth seats I would get it done as mine anyways are very easy to stain and if the dealer does it and it still stains they are on the hook for the cleanup.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 10:21 PM

Thanks Dave ...I have seen your truck and it looks great. I think I will go with krown.

Load It Like A Railcar........................... Drive It Like A Stockcar..........................
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-14-2009, 08:49 PM

Had my box off recently took some pics, you can see how the frame is well preserved for a 1998, even under the cab and bed you can see the green E coated metal still, I sprayed Krown on it since I bought it new in 1998 and I have driven it though every winter since new as well

frame has a few spots that were dry but more oiling will fix that overall for the age its done well

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode