trading mirrors - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

trading mirrors

Not sure if i'm posting in the right thread or not so sorry if it is!!!

I am looking for someone that is willing to do a trade on mirrors. I am looking for both (driver/passenger) telescopic, heated, power and headlight tint (not sure what it's called) with the chrome cap on the back and flasher in exchange for the same feature but on the smaller mirrors.

If anyone is looking for something similar please let me know and we can arrange something!!!

Thanks
Rock
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

So everyone likes their tow mirrors and no one wants to trade or sell??? :p
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010, 08:33 PM

Sorry to say but those little paddle mirrors can be had on any classified board for $25 pair or less, I've even seen ads for come & get them or "you pay the shipping"! Tele/Heated/Signal tow mirrors go for 300-500 pair. Even the older non heated, non signals still draw between 100-200 pair. I think your fighting an uphill battle friend.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010, 11:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil G. View Post
Sorry to say but those little paddle mirrors can be had on any classified board for $25 pair or less, I've even seen ads for come & get them or "you pay the shipping"! Tele/Heated/Signal tow mirrors go for 300-500 pair. Even the older non heated, non signals still draw between 100-200 pair. I think your fighting an uphill battle friend.
Obviously you've never tried them!!! I have a set and they suck. At highway speeds they vibrate all the time and on top of that they look ridiculous!!! The reason i'm asking for a trade is because they are worth way more then you think, tele/Heated/Signal tow mirrors, as per my stealer are $450 each. Id rather give someone some money to make up the difference plus my mirrors in exchange for his Tele/Heated/Signal tow mirrors!!! I couldn't wait 3 months + for a truck from factory just for mirrors and the stealer didn't want to deal them in the price!! I'm in no rush so i'm fine with waiting!!!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock_meg View Post
Obviously you've never tried them!!! I have a set and they suck. At highway speeds they vibrate all the time and on top of that they look ridiculous!!! The reason i'm asking for a trade is because they are worth way more then you think, tele/Heated/Signal tow mirrors, as per my stealer are $450 each. Id rather give someone some money to make up the difference plus my mirrors in exchange for his Tele/Heated/Signal tow mirrors!!! I couldn't wait 3 months + for a truck from factory just for mirrors and the stealer didn't want to deal them in the price!! I'm in no rush so i'm fine with waiting!!!
man what the hell did you just say? makes no sense

"The Dark Knight"
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-08-2010, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin1635 View Post
man what the hell did you just say? makes no sense
What is it you don't understand???? It looks pretty clear to me in those messages that i want the real thing not some add-on. I just want to see if someone wants to trade!!!

?????
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 08:58 AM

Wow. Ok, best of luck on your deal. Take care.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-09-2010, 12:57 PM

maybe a pic of your mirrors would help.

Really? Its the Internet take it easy.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-11-2010, 02:33 PM Thread Starter

ok....first thing...I'm not trying to argue or fight , i'm just trying to understand why people don't seem to understand my post!!!

second....i guess i should of mentioned that this was for a 09 F150!!!

third....Phil....what do you mean by "little paddle mirrors"??? To me paddle mirrors are the ones that you attach to the existing mirrors for an extension to act like a telescopic mirror. You also mentioned that you did a 30 sec search on craigslist and came up with a few....what did you search for??? I looked it up and nothing came up. I copied/paste the one item that you had listed and what came up was just regular mirrors NOT telescopic mirrors like i'm looking for. I do tow 12 months a year and have also racked up close to a million km's in the past 10 years!!!

Anyways, here's a few pics of what i want and what i have!!!

What i have.....

and this is what i am looking for!!!

Thanks BlairTruck for mentioning pictures....
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-12-2010, 10:26 AM

Sorry, my bad. I didn't notice that you were discussing an F150. I assumed F250-F550 when I read heated tele/signal/ power with chrome back covers, I was thinking like the mirrors on my truck. Paddle miirrors is a term I see used referring to the factory non-trailer tow "sport" mirrors on the F250-550, which are worth nothing on the used market, nobody wants them. Just disregard my posts and good luck with quest.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode