NEED HELP: Factory bug deflector on Streling grey XTR - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 12:50 PM Thread Starter

Factory bug deflector on Streling grey XTR

Hello from a "Forum Newbie"!

I'm not only new to this forum, but to pick-up trucks altogether...

I signed a contract two weeks ago on a SuperCrew Cab XTR and now there's the simple matter of waiting until it gets built and delivered! It's my third "new car" purchase (I'll never learn!), but the first time it's not on the lot...

In the mean time, I've been looking at a lot of 2009-2010 F150 pictures, but I have yet to see a sterling grey metallic XTR with a factory bug deflector on it. Does anybody out there have one? If so, could I get some pictures? I'm asking because I'm reconsidering this option. Maybe I'll cancel it before it gets built...

Also, I wouldn't mind a picture of the interior on any XTR with bucket seats...

...or a link to already existing pictures...

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 12:58 PM

welcome to the group and congrats on the new ride.....

post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 03:27 PM

Welcome to the site ..

If your getting the chrome bug deflector on your XTR .. dont do it!

I've been having problems with mine , and wish i never bought the deflector now.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 03:35 PM

welcome to fordtough.ca

a moments silence for the shelbyx,i hope her new owner enjoys as much.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys.

The deflector I asked the dealer for is the black factory deflector with the "F-150" written on it. However, now, on top of second guessing how it would look, I'm wondering if the disturbed airflow might generate noise at high speeds as well as (significantly?) affect fuel consumption?

Infernobuster, I know your deflector isn't the same one I ordered, but can you still elaborate on your frustrations with your chrome deflector?

Thanks.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-25-2009, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d21581 View Post
Thanks guys.

The deflector I asked the dealer for is the black factory deflector with the "F-150" written on it. However, now, on top of second guessing how it would look, I'm wondering if the disturbed airflow might generate noise at high speeds as well as (significantly?) affect fuel consumption?

Infernobuster, I know your deflector isn't the same one I ordered, but can you still elaborate on your frustrations with your chrome deflector?

Thanks.
Sure , i know the one you ordered its the bigger of the 2. The Chrome one is a short bug deflector and only covers the upper grill of the truck.

As for problems with the deflector .. the way they install it is they special mounts that go through the grill. And these little screws that hold it on.
The screws are hard to tighten at the best of times, and have found out they fall out pretty easily.
Secondly, out on the highway it vibrates like crazy and i can hear easily enough at highway speeds.
Thirdly, the little rubber protectors for the hood have fallen off, and Ford wants $5.00 EACH one. crazy.

If i could go back and return it i would, and get window deflectors instead.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-26-2009, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d21581 View Post
Thanks guys.

Thanks.

why would u worry about fuel consumption, we drive trucks!!!

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'. -Homer Simpson
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 11-26-2009, 11:32 AM Thread Starter

Thanks infernobuster. Useful information and much appreciated.

Bigphil, I hear you... However, as contradictory as it may seem, I did buy a truck and I AM concerned with fuel economy (just as I WAS concerned with fuel economy on the 287 hp 3.5L 2 seater I'm now selling...) Not concerned enough to keep me from buying them, but nevertheless...
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-06-2009, 10:45 PM

you can get a full bugdeflector for the 09's+ ? when my dad got his all they could get was the stubbies in chrome or smoked and he was told they wont offer a full deflector....

sweet if they do now

2007 F350 6.0L Ext cab short box 4x4
2000 F150 5.4L Reg cab short box 2wd
?? always looking for a new ford project !
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 01:01 AM Thread Starter

LayinHp: According to my dealership I can... However, I'll never really know since I've asked them to switch the hood deflector with floor matts. My order has been pulled, but they haven't started building it yet...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode