5yr 100k maintainance plan - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 08:58 PM Thread Starter

5yr 100k maintainance plan

Just bought my 2010 fx2 and they offered at cost, so they say the maintainance plan, which covers every maintainance visit up to 100k, which is all the oil changes, 5 sets of wiper blades, 1 front and rear brake job, (pads and rotors) tire rotations every 8000km, air filters, fuel filters, cabin filters, tranny service, set of shocks if required and few other items. My cost $1400 if I buy it before delivery. It sounds tempting.

Thoughts on this???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 10:05 PM

You mean for 5 years (up to 100K), you pay absolutely nothing for every visit to the dealer, including enviro fees, and any shop surcharges, etc, etc. Nada, not a cent?? If so, I think $1400 is a good deal........ (check all of the fine print carefully and get it all in writing....)

2010 XLT Screw 6.5 box XTR pkg, 5.4, bike hauler
2010 Mazda 3 Sport, Black mica, commuter duties
2008 Kawasaki ZX-6R - race ready (track duties)
2002 Honda Foreman 4X4, 26`ITPs, mud toy
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-14-2010, 11:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pozi240 View Post
You mean for 5 years (up to 100K), you pay absolutely nothing for every visit to the dealer, including enviro fees, and any shop surcharges, etc, etc. Nada, not a cent?? If so, I think $1400 is a good deal........ (check all of the fine print carefully and get it all in writing....)
I need to find out exact details but the sheet with breakdown of actual service they perform is as follows
-every 8000km you get a oil change and oil filter, inspection and rotate tires which works out to 8 visits for this service.
-at 24 and 48000 you get the oil change and tire rotate and change cabin filter, inspect brake system, lube hinges etc
-at 48000 and 96000 get oil and filter change,air filter, replace, fuel filter replace,tranny service, adjust and lube wheel bearings if serviceable and inspect spark plugs. Replace free if required.
- if shocks wear out anytime in 5yrs get them replaced free
wiper blades replaced free up to 5 sets
-1 set of belts or hoses if requirred
-replace brake rotors and pads if requirred.

my guess is they will charge enviro fees, but need to get exact info when there next.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireguy9 View Post
I need to find out exact details but the sheet with breakdown of actual service they perform is as follows
-every 8000km you get a oil change and oil filter, inspection and rotate tires which works out to 8 visits for this service.
-at 24 and 48000 you get the oil change and tire rotate and change cabin filter, inspect brake system, lube hinges etc
-at 48000 and 96000 get oil and filter change,air filter, replace, fuel filter replace,tranny service, adjust and lube wheel bearings if serviceable and inspect spark plugs. Replace free if required.
- if shocks wear out anytime in 5yrs get them replaced free
wiper blades replaced free up to 5 sets
-1 set of belts or hoses if requirred
-replace brake rotors and pads if requirred.

my guess is they will charge enviro fees, but need to get exact info when there next.
Might just be me, but all the services you listed are not the same as the services listed in the F-150 manual under service schedule. The fuel filter for one is inside the fuel tank and is a "filter for life", it is not changed as part of the regular maintenance. Also, the transmisison fluid is "fluid for life" and is not serviced on a regular basis. I'm not saying I agree with these items, but they are a fact about the F-150. I would ask you dealer to see the F-150 manual and look at the actual services that are supposd to be performed during the first 5 years/100K to see what you are actually getting. Overall the price doesn't seem bad, especially given what the cost of a front/rear brake job would be at the dealer, but it's important that you be informed as to what services you will actually be getting so you can make an informed decision. Also, be sure they are doing oil changes every 8000km, because this is considered the "severe" maintenance program for the F-150, with "regularly" scheduled oil changes being every 12,000km. Again, I don't agree with this, but be sure of what you are getting. I got a 2 year/40K "normal" maintenance program included free when I bought my 09 F-150 (so every 12,000km) and all that it includes is 2 regular oil changes/tire rotations (at 12,000 and 36,000km) and then an oil change/tire rotation/brake service at 24,000km. Again, just get all the information before making your decision.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 09:10 PM

Send a message via MSN to Lone Ranger
I have the factory pre-paid maintenance package on mine, its been good so far. I haven't paid a cent when the truck's been in, just a signature. They do the oil at 8k intervals now (which I don't agree with), so I'll either replace the just the oil filter at 4k (if only commuting) or oil and filter if towing in between. LR

Matt T.

'09 Ford Ranger FX4 with a mean owner
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 11:56 PM

i would do it.

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'. -Homer Simpson
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-17-2010, 10:57 PM

I bought the same 5yr 100km ford Maintenance Protection pkg and am glad that oil changes, etc will all be covered. When prices go up over next 5 yrs my cost wont ! As far as tranny fluid being "fluid for life" thats great ... unless something happens .. peace of mind is worth a couple bucks to me.

Also, I tend to drive a little fast... and hence am hard on brake pads .... so thats a nice to have as well. Just make sure you ASK for stuff like wiper blades etc being replaced free as they dont really check the wipers unless you mention it.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-18-2010, 12:02 PM

nothin is fluid for life, its just a way to stop ppl from goin to a small lube shop to get there service done, the trans still needs fluid changes, and filter replacment.

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'. -Homer Simpson
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 12:33 AM
Forum Newbie

Hi I got the maintence plan on my 2007 f150 and I get oil changed every 5000km and tire rotations every 10000km and they replaced fuel filter at 40,000km. Next service the service adviser informed they would do the 50,000km service which includes transmission service,transfer case service, front diff (i think),tire rotation, oil change ect.. which ever is included in the 50,000km service. Yeah I think it's worth it don't have to worry about lots of the little service's that I can't do myself so it's nice insurance if anything happens to your engine,trans ect you dont have to worry about ford saying you didn't service your truck.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode