ESP - What should I expect to Pay$$ - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Newfoundland
Posts: 19
ESP - What should I expect to Pay$$

I will be visiting my dealer and working out a price on a 2010 SCrew. I understand that I can get a 7 year (150,000km) comprehensive extended warranty. Any idea what I should expect to pay for the extended warranty?
dhanames is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 07:34 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanames View Post
I will be visiting my dealer and working out a price on a 2010 SCrew. I understand that I can get a 7 year (150,000km) comprehensive extended warranty. Any idea what I should expect to pay for the extended warranty?
We got the exact same warranty on ours, they offered it to us for $3100 and change, I laughed at them, and after doing some research and getting the actual cost of said warranty, we haggled them down to $1920, which I thought was a pretty fair deal (we got the the PremiumCare package for that price). I tried to get them down to $1800, which others have paid, but couldn't get them down any further.

2010 XLT Screw 6.5 box XTR pkg, 5.4, bike hauler
2010 Mazda 3 Sport, Black mica, commuter duties
2008 Kawasaki ZX-6R - race ready (track duties)
2002 Honda Foreman 4X4, 26`ITPs, mud toy
pozi240 is offline  
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Newfoundland
Posts: 19
Thanks pozi240 for the info. At $1,920 it's not cheap, however it doesn't take very long to burn through that in repairs over a 7 year period.
dhanames is offline  
 
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 11:44 PM
 
shelbyx1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: bonnyville alberta
Posts: 2,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanames View Post
Thanks pozi240 for the info. At $1,920 it's not cheap, however it doesn't take very long to burn through that in repairs over a 7 year period.
1 cam phazer/lifter job!


a moments silence for the shelbyx,i hope her new owner enjoys as much.
shelbyx1 is offline  
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Newfoundland
Posts: 19
Does anyone know if it is possible to buy the extended warranty from a dealer other than the same dealer where you purchased the truck ????

This way I can shop for the best Warranty price independent of the truck purchase.

It might be an even better deal if I could buy yhe extended warranty from any authorized dealer anywhere in Canada or the US.

Of course it would be important to have the warranty show up on all dealers computers regardless of where you purchased it.
dhanames is offline  
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 11:37 AM
 
CDM76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Grande Prairie, Alberta
Posts: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanames View Post
Does anyone know if it is possible to buy the extended warranty from a dealer other than the same dealer where you purchased the truck ????

This way I can shop for the best Warranty price independent of the truck purchase.

It might be an even better deal if I could buy yhe extended warranty from any authorized dealer anywhere in Canada or the US.

Of course it would be important to have the warranty show up on all dealers computers regardless of where you purchased it.
Yes. You can buy the extended warranty at any Canadian dealer. However, you likely will have more luck getting a good deal from the dealer you are buying the truck from.
CDM76 is offline  
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-23-2010, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Newfoundland
Posts: 19
So far the quotes for the PremiumCare ESP are way too high (near $3000.00). I have seen many online sites (US prices) that indicate the ESP PremiumCare 7yr/100,000 mile can be purchased for around $1,150.00 US.

Has anyone used an online site to purchase the warranty?
dhanames is offline  
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 11:24 PM
 
hogdust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Etobicoke, Ontario
Posts: 1,218
Send a message via Skype™ to hogdust
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanames View Post
So far the quotes for the PremiumCare ESP are way too high (near $3000.00). I have seen many online sites (US prices) that indicate the ESP PremiumCare 7yr/100,000 mile can be purchased for around $1,150.00 US.

Has anyone used an online site to purchase the warranty?
I doubt you can buy a warenty from the US to use on a Canadian Truck and in Canada

You also do not have to buy the extended warrenty right away. You can wait until just prior to the factory one expiring, but you will get a much better deal when you buy it with the Truck.

2019 RAM 1500 Big Horn Northern Edition - Patriot Blue Pearl
Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover - Flowmaster 10 Muffler - Tint - Side Steps - Bedrug - 20x9 Fuel Beast Wheels - TrailFX Bull Bar with Light Bar
hogdust is offline  
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-25-2010, 05:59 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Newfoundland
Posts: 19
Yes, I may have to wait on the ESP. So far the dealers are way overpriced.

I would have thought that it would be priced close to the $1,250 US that I can see online. So far the dealers have are asking way too much, nothing even close to the $1,920.00 canadian posted here.
dhanames is offline  
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 04-07-2010, 09:35 AM
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: ottawa, ontario
Posts: 39
Just wondering if you found anything reasonable, I am in the same boat.
I was looking at the FMPP ( maintenance plan ) and if you get the FMPP plus! it is the extended warranty and maintenance all in one package it looks like.

Is that right?

I picked up my 2010 screw fx4 black yesterday !

Dave
lildave is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What did you pay RANGERS westwest Ranger Forum 51 08-03-2010 09:18 PM
What did you pay for your 09 F150? Digity F-150 2009 to 2014 Forum 27 11-05-2009 03:11 AM
Headlights & Taillights -- What would you pay?? BluByu1986 Exterior 3 12-27-2008 04:26 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome