Anyone using Dee Zee Rough Step Running Boards? - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

Anyone using Dee Zee Rough Step Running Boards?

I'm new to the truck side of things and not so patiently awaiting my delivery of my 4x2 SCREW. I've been looking for an actual step vs nerf bars and given the snow and crap in the winter, I am thinking these might be an answer. Anyone have pics with them on their truck? I don't want something close to the rocker panel and low enough to be actually used like a step (think kids and sort inseam adults). The nerf bar ones seem to be only 2-3" lower than the bottom of the sill and not really much of a help getting in.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Ric
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 03:50 PM

I have always had The 5" Crome Tube style on my trucks . Usually your dealer will
give you a good price on running boards if you order with your new truck. If you did not
and you have not taken delivery give your sales person a call and see if he can work
something out for you....

Load It Like A Railcar........................... Drive It Like A Stockcar..........................
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 03:52 PM

another nice option is power fold boards.

a moments silence for the shelbyx,i hope her new owner enjoys as much.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 04:25 PM Thread Starter

Truknutz, I take delivery next week (delivery to the dealer is supposed to be Monday)but the trucks they had on the lot with the bars that we test drove just were't low enough for me or the kids to use with any form of ease. Mind you they all were 4x4s and mine is a 4x2 but that is only a couple inches difference if memory serves. Heck I find it hard getting into my Odyssey sometimes. Plus I am scared that I will scuff or scratch the paint on the rockers if the bars are close up. I was really hoping to avoid the power boards like Shelby suggested but they do look sweet.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 05:37 PM

Drop by a ford dealer and let the kids try getting in and out of a 4 x2 that has the ones
I mentioned. When my boys were small they never had any problems getting in or out and all my trucks had those running boards.We had to help them at first but as they got bigger there was no problem in fact theymade a game of it.
I think they were around 500.00 installed at the dealer . They look pretty good for the
money.
Check this on your truck On the inside at the bottom of the drivers door there
will be a black rubber no slip strip on the rocker panel. Look if there is one on
the passenger and rear doors (probabley not) you will want to order these because
without them this is very slippery and the little ones could get hurt....

Load It Like A Railcar........................... Drive It Like A Stockcar..........................
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

That is why I had to order my truck...no 4x2s and certainly none without the carpet . No 4x2s within a 6 hour drive. I will check though. Anyone else using boards?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-09-2010, 05:58 PM

Good Luck....You Are Going too Love Your New Ride .... Enjoy !!!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode