Ottawa "New Guy" Questions - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 02:34 AM Thread Starter
Apprentice

Ottawa "New Guy" Questions

Hey Folks,
New guy here, totalled my SRT10 Ram and just picked up a 2010 Harley today (actually get it Saturday). Now the fun begins...

Does anybody know a decent paint shop around Ottawa that would give my mud flaps a quick spray? I want to colour match them to the truck (Tuxedo Black). I'm mechanical and handy but have never done auto paint before and would rather just pay someone to do it right. I figure they'll likely chip after a 2-3 years but I'll take that risk and do them again if I have to. Obviously I only want the outsides painted, the inside can stay plastic looking.

Next, what programmers / chips are you guys running? Coming from the SRT I'm going to have to add some more grunt to this girl. I'd like to stick with a programmer that I could find a local tuner who could give me a custom dyno tune. Then have the option to go back to stock. I guess this question is more around local tuners for the 5.4l that can create custom tunes for the various programmers.

Any other mods you suggest? Intake, exhaust maybe...looking for the initial bang for your buck stuff.

Thanks everyone, always been a Dodge man, the old man says I've been converted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 04:36 AM

Welcome to fordtough.ca.....Congrat's on your new Ride.....Enjoy!!!

Load It Like A Railcar........................... Drive It Like A Stockcar..........................
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 02:50 PM

Welcome to fordtough.ca

http://www.fordtough.ca/forums/signaturepics/sigpic435_3.gif

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 04:05 PM

Send a message via MSN to Ford00XLT
Welcome to the site!

I'D RATHER PUSH A FORD THAN DRIVE A CHEVY
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice

Thanks,
I found a painter who is going to do the mud guards. Now I just need to decide on a tuner. I may go with the superchips cortex as I thought the custom tunes available through their forum in a really nice touch. If anyone knows a superchips dealer in Ottawa let me know, otherwise I'll order from the US. Cheers
Brad
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 11:03 PM

Send a message via MSN to Viper238
Welcome!

This is what I would like.
http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_...chargers/f150/

It will help with the extra grunt you want!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 11:14 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper238 View Post
Welcome!

Interesting....I had always known about the roush and was figuring that roe or saleen has an option as we. Didn't know there was an edelbrock. Nice clean look but I tend to lean towards the more raw top mount without all the dressings. Open the hood and BANG, there she be. Polish this kit but leave the lower spots black and I think we'd have a winner (of course there is another load of powercoat and polishing needed in the rest of the engine bay).

Now I need to go and see what the HP ratings are on the other options out there. 478 at the flywheel and 504tq is impressive but short of where I would want it if I'm forking out the dough to get blown.

If I bought this anytime soon I'd also be signing divorce papers. I see this sort of like my snowmobile, when she sees it in the garage, apologize later. She got over the sled by the end of the first season.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-15-2010, 11:15 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper238 View Post
Welcome!

Interesting....I had always known about the roush and was figuring that roe or saleen has an option as well. Didn't know there was an edelbrock.

Nice clean look but I tend to lean towards the more raw top mount without all the dressings. Open the hood and BANG, there she be. Polish this kit but leave the lower spots black and I think we'd have a winner (of course there is another load of powercoat and polishing needed in the rest of the engine bay).

Now I need to go and see what the HP ratings are on the other options out there. 478 at the flywheel and 504tq is impressive but short of where I would want it if I'm forking out the dough to get blown.

If I bought this anytime soon I'd also be signing divorce papers. I see this sort of like my snowmobile, when she sees it in the garage, apologize later. She got over the sled by the end of the first season.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 08:23 AM

Welcome to the site
Congrats on your new ride, post some pics of your new Harley

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckpilot View Post
Welcome to the site
Congrats on your new ride, post some pics of your new Harley
Will do, I saw the Harley in your profile pics as well. I noticed no mud flaps...Do you not find that it chips the crap out of the paint? Especially in the rear. If this isn't the case, even though mine are colour matched I may take them off.

Will post pics as soon as I get a chance to take some.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode