HD Tailights - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 04:09 PM Thread Starter

HD Tailights

I was looking to get a pair of HD tailights so I called my dealer just to get an idea of price. Seems he can't tell me which ones are which without a VIN. He says there are three different ones listed. Black, Black SVT, Sterling Grey and also Level 2 & Level 3 and of course with various prices

I checked on fordparts.com just to take a look. The menu does not allow for the HD model selection but every other one as far as I can tell. Of course rgere are various prices as well varying from 86.73 to 245 for some of the Sterling Grey ones.

Any idea which is which? Can any one with a HD VIN want to tell me which is which?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 09:31 PM

black( hd). black svt is for the raptor. grey is for the fx2. level 2 and 3 are for the xtr and the xlt and the fx4.

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'. -Homer Simpson
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 10:46 PM

Send a message via MSN to Viper238
Harley Tails
AL3Z13404AC
AL3Z13405AC

Harley Heads
AL3Z13008AB
AL3Z13008AA

I won't take the credit so here's where I got the info..

http://www.f150forum.com/f38/harley-...t-s-fyi-49323/

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 12:39 PM

Garage
Did a quick search and found this info - good stuff, going to do this for sure.

Since I'm new to the whole F150 mod thing, any suggestions on where to pick this stuff up?

I'm guessing the stock code numbers listed are Ford numbers, which is great, because I generally like to put Ford stuff on and not knockoff. Would I be just as well to go to my local parts counter and order these up? Or is there an online site that has the Ford parts available? Thanks for the assist, can't wait to dump the chrome tails/headlights for the Raptor ones.

801A - 6550 lb bundle of joy
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-14-2010, 10:35 PM

Send a message via MSN to Viper238
http://www.f150forum.com/f38/please-...s-black-44412/

Here's a couple examples

Also Tasca is a pretty big dealer.
I would check with your local dealer and compare to the link.

Also could try contacting Blackstock Ford in orangeville.
Good luck.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 12:10 AM Thread Starter

Well I ordered them from Tasca. Just waiting for them to arrive. I'm thinking they will look good on the Royal Red. Time will tell. Saw my first 09-10 F150 HD the other day. Looked and sounded nice

Ric
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 07:32 AM

mind posting up what the price was ?.... looking for an xmas gift for my dads 09 and heads and tails would look alot better tinted then stock chrome.

2007 F350 6.0L Ext cab short box 4x4
2000 F150 5.4L Reg cab short box 2wd
?? always looking for a new ford project !
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 09:10 AM

Garage
Did some poking around and looks like Tasca has the tails for about $150 per pair, with $40 for UPS shipping.

The headlights go for about $450 per pair and I'm not sure what the shipping is on those.

You gotta be really careful with UPS and shipping - if Tasca doesn't do the paperwork for customs and UPS brokers your stuff, you'll get screwed with a second bill from UPS for brokerage that can be as much as your item. Trust me, it's happened - bought an item from the US for $100, they shipped it UPS. A few days later I got a bill from UPS for $60 brokerage/customs fees. Not impressed.

Depending on what my local parts guy does for me price wise, I've heard of guys that will ship to a holding company in Port Huron, pay like $5 per package for them to receive it and then just drive down and pick their shit up. You bring it across with your paperwork,claim it and pay GST/PST/HST and away you go.

801A - 6550 lb bundle of joy
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-15-2010, 11:15 AM
Forum Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT4MT View Post
You gotta be really careful with UPS and shipping - if Tasca doesn't do the paperwork for customs and UPS brokers your stuff, you'll get screwed with a second bill from UPS for brokerage that can be as much as your item. Trust me, it's happened - bought an item from the US for $100, they shipped it UPS. A few days later I got a bill from UPS for $60 brokerage/customs fees. Not impressed.
It is pretty easy to avoid the brokerage fees by just brokering it yourself. Just let UPS know that you are brokering it yourself. They will give you some paperwork to take to customs. Go to customs and pay the sales tax and get that paperwork stamped. Take that back to UPS and you get your package. Done this 3 or 4 times. Just takes a bit of running around.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode