Newbie Looking for Answers - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-17-2010, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

Newbie Looking for Answers

I'm going to be buying a new F150 within the next 6 weeks or so. I have a bunch of questions so I'll put them all down here and if anybody can help with any of them, I'll be happy for the input.

1. What's your guess on new promotions for September? Employee pricing is supposed to end, but maybe that means that better financing will be available. I'd rather have X-Plan (which anybody should be able to negotiate) with 2.99%/60 months (or maybe even better), than A-Plan with 6.99%.

2. How does recycle your ride work? I have a '94 Saturn that I'd love to ditch right now. Do I need to make a deal on a truck before I scrap the car? It's my daughter's car and she's replacing it this week. I don't want to pay insurance on an extra vehicle for a month, but I also don't want to miss out on $3,000.

3. Help me decide. Is the Lariat worth the money? I know that I want a 4X2 S/Cab with 5.4. I also want Sync, the backup camera and extendable trailer mirrors. I really want a console & captain's chairs. Leather would be fantastic and so would dual-zone climate control. I'd really hate to pay for some of the Lariat stuff that seems like a waste to me. I would never choose to pay for things like power pedals, 6 cd changer, or especially the power rear slider. I could go FX2 and add a few options and be happy, but I'd lose leather and dual-zone. Opinions?

4.One way or another, I'm sure I'll end up doing a factory order. Is 8 weeks delivery really what I should expect? I'm not the most patient person.

Thanks for reading this. Now, I've got some reading of my own to do...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 07:01 AM

for that combo id start looking now unless you plan to order new from the factory 2wd loaded models are rare.... most are 4wd

and unless the dealer kicks in $$ the government will only pay $300 for a retire your ride car.... so if you can sel it privatly you may make more $$

2007 F350 6.0L Ext cab short box 4x4
2000 F150 5.4L Reg cab short box 2wd
?? always looking for a new ford project !
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

Layin,
Thanks for the input. As I said in my post, I know I'll need to factory order. I'm just waiting to hear the order deadline, it's gotta be coming up soon since they're only scheduled to build '10s until the end of October.

If I miss it, it might be just as well. I think I'd like a 5.0. We'll see how the incentives look in September.

I doubt I'd even get $300 for my Saturn if I sold it. There's no way it'd pass safety or DriveClean. It belongs in the dump.

Ford does have the retire your ride program in effect until Oct 30. They'll give you $3000 in addition to the government $300. I'm just looking for someone with first hand experience to give me the details.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 02:22 PM
Apprentice

I did the retire you ride program, (2001 Ford taurus) car was in my wifes name, had to be running and insured etc.. I gave the keys and ownership and the car to the dealer when my new truck was picked up, the dealer took care of all the paper work etc..

I am still waiting for the 3000 dollar cheque fron the government, its been approximately 32 days. I am expecting the cheque any day, the dealer told me it would take approximately one month to get the cheque.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

FX2, Did you do the whole process through Ford or did you start it on your own. I'd like to ditch my clunker now and save on insurance, but my truck won't be here for at least 8 weeks.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 05:48 PM

Garage
Welcome to Fordtough.ca PitCritter, and congrats on the order. I don't think eight weeks is too long to wait for an order, all things considered.

I'm guessing if you aren't all that patient that a search of existing trucks with the features you wanted turned up empty?

I'd wait it out - at least with a factory order you're going to get exactly what you want and not have to make any concessions on options.

Too bad you didn't jump in a month or so ago when the 5-0 deal was running. I'm not sure how it stacks up against the Employee Pricing incentive running now, but I do know you could have scored the 0% financing....nothing better than free money !!!!

801A - 6550 lb bundle of joy
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 08:54 PM Thread Starter

GT, Like Layin said, nobody (except me) is looking for a loaded 4x2. Also, very few are looking for a loaded S/Cab. When you put two and two together, I may end up with a pretty unique combo. 4X2 S/Cab Lariat. Inventory??? No chance in January, never mind September.

Now, I just need to make sure I don't miss the order deadline.

What was the 5-0 deal? This is the first I've heard about it.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

I'll answer one of my own questions...

5-0:
0 Down
0 Interest (I'm not sure for how long)
0 First payment
0 Security deposit

I'm not sure what the fifth "0" was though.

This was apparently available before the "Employee Pricing" was out.

I'd sure love to see something similar for September. Come on Ford, you need to move the '10 F150s before the new shiny engines show up...fingers crossed.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 09:55 PM
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitCritter View Post
FX2, Did you do the whole process through Ford or did you start it on your own. I'd like to ditch my clunker now and save on insurance, but my truck won't be here for at least 8 weeks.
The dealer did all the paperwork for me, all I had to do was sign over the car to retire you ride when the truck was delivered.

I am not sure if you can turn your vehicle in when you place your order, you may want to call a dealer to confirm.

This is from the Ford website:

Receive up to $3000 from Ford and up to $300 in additional incentives from Retire Your Ride, funded by the Government of Canada on qualifying vehicles of model year 1995 or older.

Step #1:If you own a 2003 (or older) running vehicle that has been properly registered and insured for the last six months, visit your closest Ford dealer to confirm your eligibility under Ford's Exclusive Recycle Your Ride program for up to $3,000 in incentives.

Step #2:Purchase or lease your new 2010 or 2011 Ford or Lincoln vehicle

Step #3:Recycle your vehicle and receive your Ford Recycle Your Ride incentive.

Program in effect from July 1 to September 30, 2010 (the “Program Period”). To qualify for a Ford Recycle Your Ride Program (“RYR”) rebate (“Rebate(s)”), customer must qualify for and take part in either the “Retire Your Ride Program” delivered by Summerhill Impact with financial support from the Government of Canada, or Summerhill Impact's "Car Heaven Program". To qualify for the "Retire Your Ride Program", which offers $300 cash or rebate on the purchase of a 2004 or newer vehicle, customer must turn in a 1995 model year or older vehicle in running condition (able to start and move) which has been properly registered and insured for the last 6 months (12 months in B.C.) to an authorized recycler. To qualify for the "Car Heaven Program", customer must turn in a 2003 model year or older vehicle in running condition which has been registered and insured for the last 6 months to an authorized recycler. If a customer qualifies for Car Heaven or Retire Your Ride, Ford of Canada (“Ford”) will provide an additional Rebate, with the purchase or lease of an eligible new 2010/2011 Ford or Lincoln vehicle, in the amount of $1,000 (Focus, Fusion Mustang, Transit Connect, Ranger), $2,000 (Taurus, Escape, Edge, Flex , Explorer, Sport Trac), or $3,000 (F150, F250-550, E-Series, Expedition, MKZ, MKS, MKX, MKT, Navigator) (each an “Eligible Vehicle”), paid in Canadian dollars in the form of a cheque from Ford. To be eligible for a Rebate, Ford must receive from customer, within 30 days of delivery: (1) signed RYR Claim Form; (2) signed original ownership transferring customer vehicle to Car Heaven or Retire Your Ride, or "Authorized Recycler Drop-Off Receipt". RYR Rebates are available to residents of Canada only excluding Northwest Territories, Yukon Territory, and Nunavut. Eligible Vehicle must be purchased, leased, or factory ordered during the Program Period to qualify for a Rebate. Rebates can be used in conjunction with most retail consumer offers made available by Ford at either the time of factory order or delivery, but not both. Rebates are raincheckable. Rebates not available on any vehicle receiving CPA, GPC, Commercial Connection, or Daily Rental Rebates and Commercial Fleet Incentive Program (CFIP). Limited time offer, see dealer for details or call Ford Customer Relationship Centre at 1-800-565-3673. © 2010 Ford Motor Company of Canada, Limited. All rights reserved.

Last edited by 2010fx2; 08-18-2010 at 10:08 PM.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-18-2010, 11:32 PM Thread Starter

FX2, thanks for the info. Here's something I found on media.ford.ca:

Or, if you have already retired your ride with the Clean Air Foundation and the Retire Your Ride program, you automatically qualify for Ford's Recycle Your Ride incentives.

The dealers claim to know nothing about this though...

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode