2010 F150 or 2011 F150 - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 12:07 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 27
2010 F150 or 2011 F150

So I have this dilemma.

2010s are starting to disappear.
There is a $3000 Recycle your ride program that expires on Sept 30th.
There is a $5894 Employee pricing program that expires on Sept 30th.
There is a $5250 Delivery allowance that may or may not expire.
There is a $1500 Cash incentive to use Ford credit that expires on Sept 30th.
There is a $1000 Costco program that expires on Sept 30th.

This all adds up to a $16644 discount.

2011s have a $1750 Delivery allowance.
2011s can't be ordered yet and may or may not be ordereable by Sept 30th to take advantage of the above offers.
2011s are likely to go up in Price.

I want an Ecoboost. Why? Turbos work better in Calgary due to the altitude. Tuning them is also usually easy.

I don't need the truck until March 2011ish so the timing would work if I could order it before the end of Sept.

If I can't, which is likely as I am guess that Ford is waiting on releasing pricing until after the programs expires, do I buy a 2010?

I know I will regret getting something older, but I can't get over the discounts either... haha.

I am guessing the resale on the 2011s will be much better than the 2010s relatively speaking due to the new V8s and V6s. Besides being a year newer, I think that the 5.0 will hold value better than the 5.4.

So, I know the delivery allowance is likely to increase later in the year 2011. I am also guessing that the Costco program is likely to return. Employee pricing could return, but that would be in July of 2011 which is quite far away... I have no idea if the RYR program will stick around.

Opinions? haha
benyl is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 01:51 AM
Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto Ontario
Posts: 11
incentives come and go. as soon as the current ones expire in september there will be new ones for october and so on. Costco has already been back for a second run so it must be a success and might return.

I'm not sure how it works where you are but the recycle your ride in Ontario is not an instant rebate. instead you put the money down and then get reimbursed after delivery. I picked my truck up at the end of july and my old ride is still in the driveway and my rebate has yet to show up. I offer this only as a warning and added info for your consideration.

I would get an idea of exactly what you want in your truck and then take it to a dealer to see what they can find in stock, you never know inventory restrictions might make your decision for you. At this point if it isn't in inventory then it will mean waiting for an '11 or settling for whatever '10's are around

Last but not least, no matter what just remember that it is your money and your truck so make sure you get the best deal you can for you. Good luck
gilli77 is offline  
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 08:50 AM
 
5pointslow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: caistor centre
Posts: 181
how long do you plan on keeping your truck?
if it is for more than a couple years, i dont think the resale value of the 2011 will be that much greater than 2010 to offset the current incentives on the 2010s.
there are super good deals to be had on teh 10s right now. i dont think we are gonna see deals this good again for a while.
5pointslow is offline  
 
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 04:30 PM
 
PitCritter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Niagara Falls, ON
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by benyl View Post
So I have this dilemma.

2010s are starting to disappear.
There is a $3000 Recycle your ride program that expires on Sept 30th.
There is a $5894 Employee pricing program that expires on Sept 30th.
There is a $5250 Delivery allowance that may or may not expire.
There is a $1500 Cash incentive to use Ford credit that expires on Sept 30th.
There is a $1000 Costco program that expires on Sept 30th.

This all adds up to a $16644 discount.

2011s have a $1750 Delivery allowance.
2011s can't be ordered yet and may or may not be ordereable by Sept 30th to take advantage of the above offers.
2011s are likely to go up in Price.

I am in exactly the same boat except that I can't wait until Spring. If 2011s are not available to order by September 25 or so, I'll have to order a 2010.

I don't want to miss out on Employee pricing, Ford Credit incentive or RyR.

I really want the 5.0L and the FX Luxury package on an FX2. Both are 2011 only features.

Where do you get your numbers? I'm especially curious about the $1750 delivery allowance on 2011's.

The Ford.ca website shows Employee pricing as being available on 2010's and 2011's, they just don't show any pricing at all on 2011 F-150s yet.

Here's what I'm hoping...

1. The 2011 order book opens up later this month.
2. I order my 2011 at Employee pricing (which I'm hoping should be within 3-4% of 2010 prices if the Super Dutys are any indication)
3. October or November brings better financing. (No $1500 bonus, I know)
4. I take delivery of my 2011 in November and get the best of all worlds.

Everything depends on the date orders are accepted.
PitCritter is offline  
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 06:24 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Posts: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by PitCritter View Post
I am in exactly the same boat except that I can't wait until Spring. If 2011s are not available to order by September 25 or so, I'll have to order a 2010.
Rumour is pricing will be out on the 23rd. No indication on whether an order can be booked at that time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PitCritter View Post
I don't want to miss out on Employee pricing, Ford Credit incentive or RyR.

I really want the 5.0L and the FX Luxury package on an FX2. Both are 2011 only features.

Where do you get your numbers? I'm especially curious about the $1750 delivery allowance on 2011's.
The dealer principal I am dealing with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PitCritter View Post
The Ford.ca website shows Employee pricing as being available on 2010's and 2011's, they just don't show any pricing at all on 2011 F-150s yet.

Here's what I'm hoping...

1. The 2011 order book opens up later this month.
2. I order my 2011 at Employee pricing (which I'm hoping should be within 3-4% of 2010 prices if the Super Dutys are any indication)
3. October or November brings better financing. (No $1500 bonus, I know)
4. I take delivery of my 2011 in November and get the best of all worlds.

Everything depends on the date orders are accepted.
Your plan has some kinks.

2011 aren't being built until November 15-16, IIRC.
You can't order a 2010 anymore.
benyl is offline  
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 06:53 PM
 
Lone Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fernridge, BC
Posts: 712
Send a message via MSN to Lone Ranger
If you're dead set on an Eco-boost engine, it may not be a bad idea to wait a year to see what sort of bugs are going to arise with the new engine (and how well Ford can fix them), but at 3,400 ft (Calgary's rough altitude) I don't think you'll notice much of a difference between naturally aspirated and turbo engines unless you're racing or you're towing a heavy load. They've ironed the bugs out of the 5.4Ls pretty well now and I imagine they're a whole lot cheaper than their turbo'ed counterpart.

I got talking to one of the sales guys at Dams Ford in Langley when I was getting my truck serviced, I got a big old grin and a firm promise that the eco-boost engines do haul ass pretty good. It'll be interesting to see what their actual fuel mileage is going to turn out to be. LR

Matt T.

'09 Ford Ranger FX4 with a mean owner
Lone Ranger is offline  
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 09:09 PM
 
PitCritter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Niagara Falls, ON
Posts: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by benyl View Post


Your plan has some kinks.

2011 aren't being built until November 15-16, IIRC.
You can't order a 2010 anymore.
When I last spoke to my dealer (less than a week ago), 2010s were still available to order. He told me at that point, that the day after the order book closed on 2010s, it would open on 2011s.

I guess it's a question of what rumour you want to listen to.

Everyone I've spoken to, from dealers to F-150 production line workers (on other boards) has said that even Ford (corporate) isn't talking.

Until the order book is open, we're all playing a waiting game.

If I at the end of September, 2011s are not available to order and I order a 2010 (assuming I still can), can I make the deal contingent on a satisfactory test drive to allow myself a back door...just in case?
PitCritter is offline  
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 09:14 PM
 
BlairTruck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 2,354
isnt the ecoboost already out in other models?
i been reading on forums that with the ecoboost, even an aftermarker filter will void full drive train warranty. something to thin about before modding. its an expensive engine to replace



Really? Its the Internet take it easy.
BlairTruck is offline  
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 09:29 PM
 
SKRWZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Burlington
Posts: 3,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlairTruck View Post
isnt the ecoboost already out in other models?

Ecoboost is being used in the Edge/MKX, Flex and MKT models I believe

http://www.fordtough.ca/forums/signaturepics/sigpic435_3.gif
SKRWZ is offline  
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 11:01 PM
Apprentice
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: niagara falls
Posts: 8
The dealer I bought an F150 from this week said Wednesday was the last order day and they can't order 2010's anymore. I asked when 2011's were coming out just for my curiosity and he said around November. I guess my question isn't clear though whether that's when they can be ordered or when they'll start ariving.
pingman is offline  
Reply

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2010 F150 5.4 -Tuners 97350 F-150 2009 to 2014 Forum 10 03-22-2011 08:24 PM
2" drop on 2010 F150 lumberjack F-150 2009 to 2014 Forum 3 05-26-2010 08:09 PM
2011 F150 Video! 2011 F-150 2009 to 2014 Forum 7 05-25-2010 07:56 PM
2010 F150 Traxis F-150 2009 to 2014 Forum 2 08-10-2009 06:21 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome