Awesome Dealer...I Hope - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2010, 05:30 PM Thread Starter

Awesome Dealer...I Hope

OK, it's a long story, but here goes...

Back in September, it was time to buy my new truck. I wanted to order the following truck:
2010 FX2
Tuxedo Black w/ black leather
5.4L
3.55 Limited Slip
Sync
Backup camera
Trailer package
Brake Controller
Rear defrost

I waited for the pricing to come out on the 11's, but with the change in the option packages, I would have had to order the Luxury Package to get leather. That means that I'd be paying for a power rear slider, power pedals, power folding mirrors...a bunch of stuff that are nice, but there's no way I'd ever pay for them. On the other hand, the 11 included heated seats for the passenger as well as the driver as well as dual zone climate control, both are options worth paying for in my opinion. I won't even talk about the 5.0L and the new tranny. They're no-brainers.

When I added it all up, the 11 would have cost around 8k more than the 10 after you take employee pricing and all the other programs into account.

Deal breaker. I wanted an '11, but I wasn't willing to pay the difference.

OK, time to buy my 10.

The problem is, that the order deadline had passed and none of the 5 dealers I visited could get me close to the truck I wanted.

Until I visited Eastgate Ford in Hamilton...

At first, even they said they couldn't help me, but as I was about to leave, the salesman, Ron, asked me if I'd be willing to take a gamble. Apparently, even though the order book was officially closed, Ford owed the dealer an allocation of something like 6 units. Ron told me that he'd put in an order for exactly the truck I wanted and we'd have to wait and see if the order got "picked up".

I had nothing to lose, so I put in my order.

A few days later, Ron called me and told me that my order had been accepted and my truck would be built.

Time passed and I started getting a little antsy when they couldn't give me a VIN, a build date or a delivery date. I really started to believe that I wasn't getting my truck.

I went out of the country for a couple of weeks, and when I got back, I had a voice mail from the dealer.

Apparently, Ford had accepted a bunch of orders that they couldn't build. The orders were canceled with no apology or explanation

But wait, it get's WAY BETTER.

The dealer did the stand-up thing. They've agreed to get me an 11, with all the same options (or better) for the same kick-ass price I had negotiated on the 2010!!

Apparently, the dealer is taking the loss and will go after Ford to see if they'll make it right. They've also said that they'll ask Ford to prioritize my build.

Not that it'll make a dent in the loss for the dealer, but I've added 20s and remote start (and generously agreed to pay full retail for them)

Now the wait begins again.

I still have no VIN, no build or delivery date, but I believe that they're going to come through for me this time.

Now, has anyone here already ordered an 11? If so, do you have a VIN or a date?

When should I expect the VIN?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2010, 06:13 PM

Send a message via MSN to taisa899
sounds like a good dealership

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Nitrous is like a beautiful girl with an STD. You know you want to hit it but you're afraid of the consequences
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2010, 09:44 PM

Used to live in Hamilton in the 90's, (still have a lot of family there), and I've heard nothing but good things about Eastgate. I'm assuming you got the 5.0 with the 2011, or did you pay the extra for the EB?

2010 XLT Screw 6.5 box XTR pkg, 5.4, bike hauler
2010 Mazda 3 Sport, Black mica, commuter duties
2008 Kawasaki ZX-6R - race ready (track duties)
2002 Honda Foreman 4X4, 26`ITPs, mud toy

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-30-2010, 11:30 PM Thread Starter

5.0, I couldn't wait for the EB
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2010, 06:39 PM

I order 2 weeks ago and still do not have a vin or build date. Will update when I hear.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2010, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

Thanks. I'll look for your updates.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-30-2010, 05:28 AM Thread Starter

Got my DORA...all perfect. Priority 1. Now the wait...
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 09:39 AM

The thing is dealers can no longer order what they want as in terms of engine type. They are allocated amount x of ecoboosts, 5.0L's and 6.2L with various cab configs. So if a customer is looking for a 6.2L crewcab and they still have allocation left for F-150's they might not have allocation left for the engine type..

2013 F-150 FX4 SUPERCREW 5.0L w/Luxury Package
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-03-2010, 02:05 PM Thread Starter

So you're saying that three weeks into production, a dealer can't put in a factory order for whatever configuration a customer wants? I'll need some convincing. It sounds entirely ridiculous to me.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode