OK, it's a long story, but here goes...
Back in September, it was time to buy my new truck. I wanted to order the following truck:
Tuxedo Black w/ black leather
3.55 Limited Slip
I waited for the pricing to come out on the 11's, but with the change in the option packages, I would have had to order the Luxury Package to get leather. That means that I'd be paying for a power rear slider, power pedals, power folding mirrors...a bunch of stuff that are nice, but there's no way I'd ever pay for them. On the other hand, the 11 included heated seats for the passenger as well as the driver as well as dual zone climate control, both are options worth paying for in my opinion. I won't even talk about the 5.0L and the new tranny. They're no-brainers.
When I added it all up, the 11 would have cost around 8k more than the 10 after you take employee pricing and all the other programs into account.
Deal breaker. I wanted an '11, but I wasn't willing to pay the difference.
OK, time to buy my 10.
The problem is, that the order deadline had passed and none of the 5 dealers I visited could get me close to the truck I wanted.
Until I visited Eastgate Ford in Hamilton...
At first, even they said they couldn't help me, but as I was about to leave, the salesman, Ron, asked me if I'd be willing to take a gamble. Apparently, even though the order book was officially closed, Ford owed the dealer an allocation of something like 6 units. Ron told me that he'd put in an order for exactly the truck I wanted and we'd have to wait and see if the order got "picked up".
I had nothing to lose, so I put in my order.
A few days later, Ron called me and told me that my order had been accepted and my truck would be built.
Time passed and I started getting a little antsy when they couldn't give me a VIN, a build date or a delivery date. I really started to believe that I wasn't getting my truck.
I went out of the country for a couple of weeks, and when I got back, I had a voice mail from the dealer.
Apparently, Ford had accepted a bunch of orders that they couldn't build. The orders were canceled with no apology or explanation
But wait, it get's WAY BETTER.
The dealer did the stand-up thing. They've agreed to get me an 11, with all the same options (or better) for the same kick-ass price I had negotiated on the 2010!!
Apparently, the dealer is taking the loss and will go after Ford to see if they'll make it right. They've also said that they'll ask Ford to prioritize my build.
Not that it'll make a dent in the loss for the dealer, but I've added 20s and remote start (and generously agreed to pay full retail for them
Now the wait begins again.
I still have no VIN, no build or delivery date, but I believe that they're going to come through for me this time.
Now, has anyone here already ordered an 11? If so, do you have a VIN or a date?
When should I expect the VIN?