'99 flareside - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-13-2012, 04:44 PM Thread Starter

'99 flareside

well I'm new here, got the picture attachment thing figured out, so I guess I should post a few pics of the truck up.

first, here's the story lol. she's a '99 F-150 XLT supercab flareside 4.6 V8 automatic 4x2. she's got 162K kms on her. bought a while back with 157K kms, just about bone stock, only real mod was a hard tonneau cover. almost all red outside, grey honeycomb grille, tan cloth interior...she's a loaded model, got everything but leather (which I wouldn't want anyway) and maybe a couple other minor things. but I been at work on her, she now has a much better black grille, black two tone, a black full box cap, bug deflector, and some other minor decal stuff and the like. but she isn't finished yet. no sir. she's got some mods to go yet....but anyway, enough with the rant lol, here's her as purchased before mods:

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

and here is her pretty much as she is these days. she still got a lot of work to go, get to that as I can lol. here's now, and her interior:

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]

and as to plans, the "triton" decal on the bug deflector was a spur of the moment thing I've been 50/50 on since I put it on, I think I'm going to take it off again. the box cap is more of a need than want thing, it's great for some of the stuff I do but the truck looks better without it IMO, so as I'm planning a full restoration in a couple years, I'll probably remove it then. and that's when I plan to do a few major mods as I can. wish list coming true as possible is a lift kit, big tires, and a few other mods. have to stick to the minor stuff till then.

well thanks, feel free to comment and such, I'll be around alot, loving this site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-13-2012, 04:50 PM

Garage
Good job with the pics Zach, nice looking ride, glad you're enjoying your stay.

801A - 6550 lb bundle of joy
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-13-2012, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT4MT View Post
Good job with the pics Zach, nice looking ride, glad you're enjoying your stay.
thanks , I love that truck. that raptor's nice too, looks good.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-15-2012, 12:57 PM Thread Starter

playing with her on the computer

well I wanted to share some pics I've edited on the computer. done a few "cyber-mods" LOL. just brought up the pics and started adding a few things, things I'd like to actually do to the truck. testing what she'd look like with them, and I really like it. as I can, I'm going to try to actually do them.

here's my computer rendering of a blackout grille on her. looks good IMO. I think when the weather warms up enough to paint, I'll just grab some black paint and cover the ford symbol in it. post up pics then, here's the computer job:

[IMG][/IMG]

and a while back I finally managed to get rid of the old tonneau cover. the buyer has a '98 flareside, red and everything. his had some taillight covers, and I thought they looked good. so I went on the computer, and put some on a picture of mine. turned out really good, have to see about getting some. here's them computerized on:

[IMG][/IMG]

and the last one. one day I was with my dad in his car on the highway, and we passed a truck pretty much just like mine but a different colour and stuff. she had some back window covers on her, and I thought they looked good. needless to say I was inspired LOL. so I got on the computer, opened a picture, and drew them on. now I got to try to get some....drawing:

[IMG][/IMG]

now to get the real version of all 3 LOL. try to do that as I can, and get pics as I do.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-15-2012, 01:14 PM

Send a message via MSN to Northern Supercrew
I love those flaresides!!...Nice truck there Zach.

2013 f150 Ecobeast
3.55 E locker
FX4 Screw
SSI tuned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-15-2012, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Supercrew View Post
I love those flaresides!!...Nice truck there Zach.
I love them too! I better lol.

yeah I'm going to actually do those 3 cyber-mods as I can.

I'm looking forward to getting a lift kit and big tires when I can. that's one of my main modification goals for her.

yeah I'm going to try to buy a 2004-2008 truck in a couple years, and fully restore this one. then is when I'll finally be able to have at it with mods lol....as the money's there for it LOL.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-15-2012, 01:31 PM

Send a message via MSN to Northern Supercrew
My buddy has one here..a 4x2 also..supercab flareside, 4.6 and the 5 speed manual..Grey in color...and still has his 92 flareside 4x2...they both have over 300,000 kms on them.

2013 f150 Ecobeast
3.55 E locker
FX4 Screw
SSI tuned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-15-2012, 01:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Supercrew View Post
My buddy has one here..a 4x2 also..supercab flareside, 4.6 and the 5 speed manual..Grey in color...and still has his 92 flareside 4x2...they both have over 300,000 kms on them.
yeah I got the 4.6 and I'll swear by it. I got the auto trans and don't mind it but I'd like a manual. sounds like a nice truck. I love flaresides....mine soon needs a restoration though.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-16-2012, 12:33 PM Thread Starter

a picture

one of my favourite pictures of her, thought I'd post it up.

BTW, I should have something new done next weekend so I'll post up new pics then

[IMG][/IMG]

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode