Factory Nav Sucks Balls - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-13-2015, 07:02 AM Thread Starter

Factory Nav Sucks Balls

I have started a business on the side and find myself doing alot of sales calls throughout southern Ontario. Not sure what is with the ford nav but 80% of the time the location I am looking for does not populate as an option to search for ..That's the other thing that pisses me off..trying to type in a city and it does not allow you as the letters get nulled out..WTF ..I use Google maps and it works just fine, So I find myself asking the question , why the Fuck did I pay this extra money for something that is total CRAP?. Anyone aware of an update or SOMETHING to make this better?? Other than that this 2015 F150 is an amazing peice of machinery... (sorry for the mini-rant!!!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-13-2015, 07:31 AM

Garage
I noticed the letters dropping out as you type myself, its not perfect by any means. Don't know if theres much you can do, its how ever the software is written.

Not sure, but I know on my iPhone theres a setting toggle where you can turn auto-complete off for texting, not sure if the nav has the same function or not.

I agree though, nav is not always the smartest, or most efficient way to get there.

I do like the distance countdown to exits, but sometimes it gets confused if they're stacked too close together.

801A - 6550 lb bundle of joy
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-14-2015, 01:26 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to hogdust
The letters drop because the software knows that there is no street name or city where those letters make sense to use.

So if you are typing out Woodstock and have entered Woodst, it will not allow a k for instance knowing there is no such city as Woodstk.....

2019 RAM 1500 Big Horn Northern Edition - Patriot Blue Pearl
Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover - Flowmaster 10 Muffler - Tint - Side Steps - Bedrug - 20x9 Fuel Beast Wheels - TrailFX Bull Bar with Light Bar

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-16-2015, 06:31 PM Thread Starter

Not what I mean -I can usually spell alright. It does not have many side roads. Etc. I end up using Google maps on my cell and listen through the Bluetooth as Google maps has 99% of the new subdivisions etc. In my area.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-27-2015, 10:04 AM

Send a message via MSN to Viper238
Factory Nav Sucks Balls

The Garmin we use for work doesn't have the rural streets labeled the same as the map or some street signs. Or it not located under the same town. We have the option to put the street name in and search all cities. That usually gets us where we want to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-28-2016, 03:10 AM

What chip do you have? I have the a5 in my edge and have recently found some 2-3yr old subdivisions that were not on it. And the car is not much ch more then a year old. My pet peeve is with the wheel sensors being the priority sensor for the system. Change to snow tires, need to recalibrate the gps, change back to summers, do it again. And I mean so bad that the gps thinks you're driving in fields constantly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2012 STX 5.0L Sturgis/Boss 302
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-28-2016, 08:08 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss F150 View Post
Change to snow tires, need to recalibrate the gps, change back to summers, do it again.
I've never had that problem with the wife '15 Edge, thats a weird little twist, how do you recalibrate the GPS?

Dealer re-programs the TPMS sensors for me when they swap back and forth, maybe that takes care of it?

801A - 6550 lb bundle of joy
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-28-2016, 10:52 AM

The A5 chip is approximately 2 years old now. They are on the A7. Update the chip and you should be good.

What size winters do you have? 17s or 18s?

Nicole - 2004 Ford F-150 Lightning #3573
Emily - 2010 Ford F-150 FX4

Amsoil Independent Dealer
Amsoil Home Page
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-28-2016, 01:53 PM

I think the factory tires are 20s got those free winters with car purchase I think they are 18s but a taller profile and yes every season dealership needs to flash in a new Ecm for it to work, tps is not effected if I change over myself but gps is.

I'm cheap I'm in no need of a new chip if it's gonna cost me. I'm just pissed at how stupid a program is that uses tire rotation as its primary locating devise in relation to gps. It should be secondary if no sat signal is found.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2012 STX 5.0L Sturgis/Boss 302

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode