Bye Bye driver side mirror - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-25-2016, 07:07 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice

Garage
Bye Bye driver side mirror

Long story short, came out from grocery shopping to find the driver side mirror hanging from the wires. Nobody saw it, no video, lucky me.

F150 Sport in black, has the standard oem mirrors, with defrost.

Anyone know where I can pick up a new one and pop it on? (as in unbolt, unclip from the inside)

Located in Newmarket ON, waiting to hear back from 2 dealers, my local and the one I purchased it from but I know that is going to be $$$ for something I can do myself.

sigh, 1600kms on the thing, parked out on its own with not a vehicle within 10 spots of me when I went in.

Any help regarding this would be great. Looking at ebay, kijiji etc. Any links to a good deal, or even what I should be expecting to pay would be great.

Thanks

Rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-25-2016, 07:38 PM

Garage
No accounting for the lack of respect some people seem to have for others vehicles, sad state of affairs, always someone with an axe to grind, or too much of a coward to own up to their incompetence.

Looks like theres a few different variations listed on eBay.ca , anywhere from $300 to $500.

Personally, I'd look at dealer parts, but then I'm little funny like that, I'll pay to make sure I know what I'm getting. Yah, sometimes its pricey, but worth it, after all, we're talking brand new here.

Best of luck, hope things work out to your satisfaction, and the karmic wheel will come around for whoever smacked your mirror.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2015-2016-For...ZXA~cp&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/2015-2016-For...FWKT4d&vxp=mtr

801A - 6550 lb bundle of joy
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-25-2016, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice

Garage
Fordparts.com had it for $530 US, wish there was a Canadian version of that, couldnt seem to find it. Be interesting to see tomorrow the difference in price from the two dealers, hoping the one I ordered the truck from helps out a bit if they can.

Ya if a note with a phone number had of been left on my windshield and responsibility taken I wouldn't be as angry. Accidents happen.
OEM from the dealer is my first choice but if that means $500-$1000 more I dunno, that cash was to pay for my linex this week

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-26-2016, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice

Garage
dealer I purchased the truck from came through at $452 tax inc.installed. while I'm there they are also gonna pop open the rear tailgate step, it keeps lifting from its locked position everytime I go for a drive.

FYI my local dealer quoted me $740+ tax installed. and they wonder why I didn't purchase through them.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 06:28 AM

Garage
I'd say you did OK with that price, especially with taxes and installation included, good to hear.

801A - 6550 lb bundle of joy
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 08:35 AM

Garage
Hey
sorry to hear about your mirror.
1600km and already something happened. bastards.
my wife wonders why I park alittle further in lots. I try and not park beside someone if possible. 2000km on mine already and on passenger side rear door I already have a mark on it from another truck door.
I have running boards so car doors cant reach my doors so it must have been another truck.
karma ...who ever did this to your truck it will come back on them.
on another note.
have you thought of any upgrades for your truck yet? or just leaving stock
Glenn.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 02:12 PM

Send a message via MSN to herbz
Brutal. Never fails no matter how cautious you are. Park 5 miles from the store in an empty lot and someone will park beside you.

2016 F150 XLT XTR 4x4 2.7 Ecoboost
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 05:02 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice

Garage
The truck is going to stay basically stock (happy with the trim . Options I got) for now. Added the rear Tailgate shock, weather tech mats, had to delay linex because of the mirror, and once the linex is done ordering the extang trifold 2.0. Wouldn't mind matching the front window tints with the back.

I know those aren't really upgrades but down the road when the tires are ready I will want something more aggressive like I used to roll on my old TJ and bump it up a few inches. Quite happy with the 2.7l engine so I can't see touching anything there as of yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzharm View Post
Hey
sorry to hear about your mirror.
1600km and already something happened. bastards.
my wife wonders why I park alittle further in lots. I try and not park beside someone if possible. 2000km on mine already and on passenger side rear door I already have a mark on it from another truck door.
I have running boards so car doors cant reach my doors so it must have been another truck.
karma ...who ever did this to your truck it will come back on them.
on another note.
have you thought of any upgrades for your truck yet? or just leaving stock
Glenn.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 10:12 PM

Garage
I got the dealer to spray the liner in for me and so glad I did ...you will too.
windows I also was thinking of. the extang 2.0 is a great choice..hopefully I'll be getting one before winter.
cheers.
Glenn.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-27-2016, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice

Garage
I've had a few trucks sprayed by linex newmarket before so I opted to go that way instead of factory spray. Dealer recommended they remove the service panel for the Tailgate step and spray separately in case future service is needed. They are going to tweak the latch when I get the mirror replaced.

I also had the original extang hard trifold on my Dodge 3500 and liked it, prefer it over the extang that has the drainage tubes so I'm sticking with what I know and have used. I should have it this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzharm View Post
I got the dealer to spray the liner in for me and so glad I did ...you will too.
windows I also was thinking of. the extang 2.0 is a great choice..hopefully I'll be getting one before winter.
cheers.
Glenn.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode