Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

Tonneau cover leak

9K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  f150phule 
#1 ·
Not too long ago (bout 2 years ago) I picked up a 2000 F-150. This past winter has been pretty bad in terms of snow and extreme cold (I think with the wind chill it got down to about -40 for a couple of days.) This past weekend we got some sun and some of the overnight snow started to melt a little bit. I noticed that for the first time that water was getting into my truck bed.

The current tonneau cover is old, of that there is little doubt, and I was hoping to get some recommendations from the community as to which tonneau cover I should upgrade to (I should mention that I've wanted to replace the cover since day one as it has seen better days).

Can I get your thoughts on TonnoPro covers? I was thinking of going with the Lo Roll seen here:

http://partsengine.ca/p-53570-tonnopro-loroll-premium-vinyl-roll-up-tonneau-cover.aspx

I figure $300 is pretty good plus it comes with SureSeal for the tailgate. What do you guys think? Any other recommendations? Does anyone have TonnoPro's Lo Roll?

#2 ·
Truxedo Low Pro QT soft rolling super low profile.

I have a Black Series soft folding cover on the 2010 and I like it. on the Lightning I have a cheap soft folding cover I can't remember the brand, it's in storage so I can't look sorry, but I don't like it much the fit sux.

#3 ·
First up, tonneau covers are not water tight, but I like the Ford Parts hard folding tonneau personally.

Odd that you should post a link to partsengine, we had a registration a few days ago with that very alias.

partsengine's name in the profile is John and he's from Toronto too, do you guys know each other?? Co-incidence? Maybe not.

Welcome to fordtough.ca, home of the Canadian F150 ( and Ford ) enthusiast.

Keep a sense of humour handy, no one takes the internet too serious here.

#5 ·
#7 ·
what cover do you currently have on the truck ?

if it's the factory one with the bead on the edge of the tarp that fits in a grouve in the rails mounted to the box .. and if it's a 6 1/2 foot fleetside box , I have a decient o-e one you can have

it's got some scuffs on the tarp but all the mounting rails are good

-'cept I'm missing the screws and clamp brackets that hold it all to the truck

if it sounds like your's , come N get it , I'm moveing and could really make use of the box I have it stashed away in

- I'm out by the t-o zoo

#8 ·
I've had two.

On the old 97 I had the Truxedo deuce soft roll up. Awesome cover. Loved the front access without having to roll up the whole thing.

On the '03 I had to go with the Truxedo Lo Pro QT. Only because they don't make the Deuce for the '03 crewcabs.

Best feature is all parts are lifetime warranty. On the 97 the stitching started to come apart on the velcro after 6 yrs and they sent me a new cover free of charge. Just the cover no other parts but installation took about 30 min.

I still have the old cover, I plan to make a retractable roof for my utility trailer out of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.