Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

2011 F250 6.2L Hesitation

3K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Canadian Bacon 
#1 ·
Recently purchased a 2011 F250 with the 6.2L gas engine.

After filling up with gas I pulled onto the road and the truck faltered as if it was out of gas, then picked up and carried on. Any thoughts on this and should I be concerned?

#2 ·
Welcome to fordtough.ca! I'm no expert, but start simple and maybe replace the fuel filter.

Another thing I've has personal experience with is a little bit of water in the gas, throw in a bottle of gas line antifreeze and see if that helps any, could be a crappy tank of gas.

Its not for everyone, (check the owners manual to see if your trucks computer is tuned for it), but personally, I've had two 6.2L engines, and both have run better on premium.

But then, the Raptor is tuned for premium, if you're not tuned for premium, its a waste of money.

Good luck and welcome, I lived in Peterborough for 8 months while I was going to Trent University, beautiful little spot.

#4 ·
Welcome.

What gas station did you fill up at? How low was it before filling? How many KMs? Any maintenance records?

Your truck doesn't have a replaceable fuel filter.

If you want to start simple and cheap try Amsoil P.I. LINK. I wouldn't recommend it if I didn't use it personally and notice a difference.

#5 ·
Has 160,000 km on it. Had 1/4 tank when I filled up at Canadian Tire. Bought private, unfortunately no maintenance records.

This was a one time occurrence so far. Only had the truck 9 days, and put 200 km on it. It faltered then picked up and drove fine. Drove fine prior to this.

#7 ·
160k is usually when Ford recommends changing the plugs, you may want to pull one out and see what they are like, but I'm not sure if that is correct for the 6.2L because I think it's a dual plug design.

Usually Crappy Tire is pretty good for gas, my FIL fills up at Crappy tire every week, so as long as it wasn't President's Choice or no name gas it should be fine.

Other than P.I. and a plug change I'm not sure what else to recommend. It could be something you have to wait to see if it does more frequently and throws a code.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.