Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

Chilton/haynes WTF

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Viper238 
#1 ·
Anyone aware if a 2015 service manual is out there for purchase? I really want a hard copy of the manual but does such a thing even exist anymore? Am I crazy to want to work on my own vehicle on this day and age??? Searched for both chilton and haynes but looks to me like a lot of sketchy websites out there trying to sell you shit using other companies name..Jesus christ am I getting old??..lol sure would have been nice to have the manual the other day when putting in new headlight bulbs. 12 F'N bolts to change a headlight bulb?? Seems like engineers are designing these new vehicles to discourage do-it yourselfer's. I installed the phillips xcs or whatever they are called and 100 better than stock.

#2 ·
I think DIY for vehicles is totally discouraged by the auto industry. They want your money for everything that your vehicle needs. I personally think they are over complicating them on purpose. I had a hard time finding a manual for my Super Duty, when I pulled the heads off the motor. I wanted the book for torque specs mainly, so I ended up buying one of the manuals on a dvd. It actually was very good...but I prefer the old school book like you. Sign of the times I guess, but sites like these are a lot of help and if you're stubborn (or cheap), and have half a brain, you always figure out a way to get things done.

#3 ·
It's getting plain crazy. Even my old 12 year old truck. Reading the other day that to change out the mode door actuator for my heater you need to pull two fuses and cycle the key after replacing the actuator. Hate to think what you guys with your newer trucks are up against. Long gone are the days of going to the dealer to buy a service manual. Trouble with Haynes and Chilton any more is they only show you the easy stuff and tell you to go to the dealer for anything else. Electronics ugh!

#5 ·
long story short, ripped the passenger side - side view mirror off thursday morning puling out of the garage ( 10+ years without incident- ) what an asshole of a day that started out to be..dealer charged just shy of 400 taxes in for a new one-- thought I may have been in for a hell of a job to change, But 1 cover 4 bolts and 1 connection later took all of 10 minutes..that was a releif..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.