ITS ALIVE!!! MUAH HA HA HA!! - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2012, 12:19 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via Skype™ to smokeshow
ITS ALIVE!!! MUAH HA HA HA!!

Well the poor girl has been without a motor for damn near 3 weeks but today she fired up.

Here's whats been done...

Eliminated the front tank, doesn't work with the Hpipe/side exhaust (yet to be installed)

XXX 5L truck motor is gone (well in the bed actually) and has been replaced with a YYY 1992 5L from a stang. I will eventually have the XXX block turned into a 347 carb engine.

Anyways the motor fired right up and I'll deal with a few issues tomorrow and get ahold of someone to fab this Borla exhaust system onto the frame. Bleed the clutch and get some fluid into the tranny and then do another oil change after 20kms of driving.

Then I gotta start saving 2grand to get the fuel system so i can bolt on the kenne bell setup.

I'm just happy to have my truck running again.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2012, 12:33 AM

Send a message via MSN to taisa899
Good to hear. What cam does she have in her? If it's the factory stang cam you won't be happy with it. Powerband is too high up in the rpm's for a truck. I threw an E303 cam in mine and love it.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Nitrous is like a beautiful girl with an STD. You know you want to hit it but you're afraid of the consequences
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2012, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

I'll be going with a trickflow stage 2 cam when the times comes to switch it out. Not looking to add a cam since I'm still running the speed density setup.

When it comes to installing the exhaust should I be running it under the tranny X member or above it? My stock exhaust ended up getting cut into 3 pieces from front to back so I may end up using parts of it to fab in what needs to go wherever.

Looking to get the exhaust exiting in front of the rear wheels but may go for the rear of the front tires as well.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2012, 06:15 PM

I ran my exhaust over top of the tranny crossmember. That way it's hidden from view.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Nitrous is like a beautiful girl with an STD. You know you want to hit it but you're afraid of the consequences
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2012, 10:21 PM Thread Starter

had to take 2 inches out of the tubing above the o2 holes and it's in. just gotta hang the side exhaust tubing and make some adjustments and take some tubing off the passenger side exit and it'll look symmetrical and be secure.

I also had to shim the transmission up abit to clear the hpipe connection under the driveshaft.

I dunno what you guys are thinking when swapping to a stang motor... I deleted the smog pump, and am using the truck intake and she revs to 6 grand without any issues and has gobs of power.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-13-2012, 11:03 PM

Yup I used the truck upper and lower intakes on my truck too.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-14-2012, 12:45 AM Thread Starter

well they are only on till I can save up 2grand for the fuel upgrades.
aftermarket computer, mallory 6 ignition box, 42lb injectors and then the stang stock lower goes on with the kenne bell. Will have to add a meth inj. kit around that time too and I'll probably have a small aftermarket tank put in place of the front one so I can fill it from the forward fill spot.

Then it'll be time to save again and start buying up heads, cam, and send the stock truck block away for machining to have it turned into a 331. But that'll be a year or more away I'm thinking.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode