Lifting a F-350 - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-23-2008, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

Lifting a F-350

I put a solid axle w/ 10 bolt hubs in my '83 1 ton. I'm pretty sure the axle is from an 88 super duty 2wd. Other than it rides like crap (some have told me this is because of the swing shackle being at the front... Wish I had known this, I could have swapped it while I was installing.) Regardless of ride though I'm looking to lift this truck about 6-8". How should I go about this, new leafs, re-arching, lowering shackles, blocks (probably not blocks) or what else should I do. I'm not afraid to remove it and start over, I just need some direction. Please help...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-24-2008, 12:58 AM

You can start with blocks and springs, which are the easiest, but thats only up to 3", and than bigger springs. You can always add a body lift

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-24-2008, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

Is it okay to block the front? Have people done this?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-24-2008, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by osr1 View Post
Is it okay to block the front? Have people done this?

Yes people have to gain 2 to 3 inches by doing this .You mentioned you want to go 6 - 8" well your right at the Height of big changes, What i mean 6"lifts you don't need Driveshafts lengthened, cross over steering, etc, at 8" this is where big changes happen, in your front end camber and castor, It looks real easy to just lift trucks, but in theory theres a ton of changes,And if not done by a compitent person could very well lead to poor handleing, rough rideing, as well possibly fail safety.
Tell me how high you want to go an i will post whats needed
Thanks John

GO DONOHOE RACING OR GO HOOOOOOOOMMMMMEEEYYY
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 07:57 AM Thread Starter

I do need to go a minimum of 6" over stock (of course stock is bigger than normal it seems with that super duty 2wd solid axle in there).
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-25-2008, 08:36 AM

Send a message via MSN to Bush_aholic
Unless you want to go all out and money is no issue stick with 6" suspension lift. Higher then 6" suspension lift your looking at alot of changes. I preety sure if you want more hight after that you can go up to 3" body lift alot of guys do that I personally am not to crazy for body lift's, keep that frame hidden as much as possible.

I only drive in the city, to get out of it!!!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2008, 06:53 AM Thread Starter

i wondered as well about getting rid of my 2wd super duty axle, and putting a 4wd in it's place, mainly to get away from the large drop of the 2wd (it looks like and old solid axle in a model T)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode