Tune-ups do work - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

Tune-ups do work

My 94 F-150 4 x 4 was always a bit slow, a bit sluggish, and I thought it was just because it was a big 4 x 4...lol...it ran ok, but was just a bit of a slow vehicle....the garage that I take it to for other service kept telling me it needed a good tune up....finally got it done a few days ago, because the throttle cable was sticking in cold weather and I needed that fixed (replaced) asap.

...extremely thorough in that they ran injector cleaner through it, cleaned the throttle body/ IAC, and changed just about everything (fuel filter, PCV, air filter, plugs- cap- rotor, wires) ... I had not thought it was that bad but they knew what they were doing... the first time I jumped on the gas pedal, pulling out of the garage, I nearly lost control...lol...it was NOT the same truck...no hint of sluggishness and much more powerful...and I am not one to ignore maintenance, so it is not like I let it go bad...the mechanic at the garage just knew what he was doing.... I suppose it helps that the shop owner grew up on the older trucks and seems to know their idiocyncrasies well...he drives a GM but really knows the Fords well, it seems

It was not a cheap tune-up but he always gives me great value for the money I spend; I do not mind spending money when they fix things properly and then some (value- added).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 03:01 PM

Send a message via MSN to Northern Supercrew
yep, it's amazing what a tune-up will do...we get so used to the gradual decrease in performance that we just don't notice how much until the tune -up. sounds like you're gonna be a happy camper.

2013 f150 Ecobeast
3.55 E locker
FX4 Screw
SSI tuned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 03:47 PM

Send a message via MSN to taisa899
regular maintenance does wonders

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Nitrous is like a beautiful girl with an STD. You know you want to hit it but you're afraid of the consequences

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

yeah, my '90 Ford F-150 was bought brand new and my '92 F-150 Flareside was a demonstrator with 10,000 miles on it....I maintained both very carefully....whe n the Flareside was wrecked in a black-ice caused rollover, it had just under 300,000 km on it and was using 1/2 a litre of oil between oil changes...that was a great, dependable, truck

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode