1990 F250 5spd body swap - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 06:51 PM Thread Starter

1990 F250 5spd body swap

this is a 90 chassis 4x4 5 spd 5.8L reg cab swapped with a 92 body AT 5.0L and wiring

well i got it all together, came together pretty good once i had the time, oh well some of us have to work for a living. havent posted in awhile as such...
well lets see...
i stripped down body and removed tanks, went over with a wire wheel brush after using some inhibitor for prep, good shot of primer and seven cans of tremclad black, she looks awesome. refurbished the tanks with fiberglass, had to solder connections on pumps as they were different. found some cracked and corroded wiring and re-soldered.
The cab went on no problem, just a matter of sorting out the mounts and getting them all back in place, was sold on a four inch body lift, it was the cheapest thing i could do.
the wiring and engine harness had to be changed, did that. some electronic sensors on the gearbox, and prolly take the computer. most of which i forgot because being a rookie i was not enlightened enough to know these things.
so while i am waiting for the opportunity to hunt these suckers down, i am doing the body work, fiberglass, practicing my rookie technique over the wheel wells. cant really tell where i started and where the rust ended so its all good for now. still some details to do. want to start that before the cold weather sets in.
stripped down the interior and got a tilt column, had to track down a clutch pedal. sanded and primed the floorboards as they were in excellent condition, then hit them with half a can of rockergaurd where it counts.
Rockergaurd the entire undercarriage and frame, looks awesome. I wasnt going to drop the tanks but then i figured, im going this far what the hell, never one to leave a job undone, or half done!
so there it is, hope to get a digital soon as my blackberry takes really awful pics haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 08:17 PM

Send a message via MSN to taisa899
that's alot of work! Let me know if you need an ECU cause I've got 3 of them here I'm not using

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 10:36 PM Thread Starter

yeah it was a lot of fun too, ripping the trucks apart. I got halfway and took a look around and wondered what i got myself into. changing this and that, at one point i thought i would never get it done.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 11:15 PM

Send a message via MSN to taisa899
I thought the same thing when I went from the 4.9 to the 5.O in my 96. It looks like an easy job. Then reality sets in about halfway through! lol

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode