Interchangable parts - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2011, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice

Interchangable parts

I am just wondering how and which parts are interchangable between a 5.0L F-150 and the 5.0L mustangs. I am looking to get about 350-400 Horsepower with approx the same torque with my truck. Will the heads froma mustang cobra of about the same year fit along with an after market intake?? This is the intake that I am looking at.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ACC-77148/

Has anyone built up their pickup to pull these numbers?? I know there will be more work to it than just squashed heads with an intake, so I am looking for suggestions and maybe some links to parts please.

Thank you all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-06-2011, 08:00 PM

Send a message via MSN to taisa899
well I'm at 375rwhp with my 96. But it took alot of money and alot of time

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Nitrous is like a beautiful girl with an STD. You know you want to hit it but you're afraid of the consequences
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
Apprentice

Mind if I can get some ideas from you then?? Anythink to focus on? top end, bottom end? maybe some specific help? Thanks

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 01:47 AM

everything is the same but the cam, upper and lower intake.and exhaust manifolds

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'. -Homer Simpson
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-15-2011, 07:37 PM

Send a message via MSN to taisa899
all depends om what kind of $$$ your willing to spend. Cam, chip, 2 1/2" exhaust plus headers and high flow cats are good places to start

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Nitrous is like a beautiful girl with an STD. You know you want to hit it but you're afraid of the consequences
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-16-2011, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice

Well, I've got Hooker long tube headers ordered, I am thinking a Flowmaster 2 1/2" exhaust, minus the cats. Underdrive pulleys. Not sure what kind of chip to get (open to any suggestions) also open to any intake kit suggestions. Heads from a mustang GT. Eaton locker in the rear is up and coming shortly. Fully redone gauge cluster with aftermarket gauges. Looking for a decent cam to give it the ever-so-wanted rumble. And multiple suspension upgrades. Thats it so far. Ideas, comments and suggestions are always welcome.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-17-2011, 02:12 AM

whatever bolt on parts that you can find for a stang... will fit. a cam will depend where you want ur power band to be and how much does the truck weigh. what are ur plans for it? street/ strip? or towing. for a intake look in the scrap yard for a 5.0 in a explorer get the upper and lower they have a gt40 intake and heads from the factory... and you could get them cheeper than buying new, and still make good power.

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'. -Homer Simpson

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode