Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

Can you use tuners on 2008 F150's

4K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  Northern Supercrew 
G
#1 ·
I just bought an 08 F150 about 3 months ago and am wondering if anyone has tried a tuner (SCT, Diablo, etc) on one. I was told due to timing issues because they can run 85 octane fuel that you can't use tuners or power adders. Is this true?

#2 ·
I haven't heard anything like that before, I have a Gryphon on my '08 with great results so far. I am running an 87 Octane performance tune and the other tunes installed on the device are also 87 Octane.
I would recommend the Gryphon, and there are a few other guys on this site that also have them, but make your own decision.

#10 ·
just under 21 is incredible for a full size truck. who needs an econobox:icon_lol: the best my truck has done is 840 km on the 30 gallon tank once. that was at 100-110 km and the throttlebody spacer and hypertech running 92 octane. made it from terrace BC to watson lake and had been running on LOW FUEL for awhile. had a gerry can for safety.

#15 ·
I just checkd my 08 and it also says E85/Gas....yellow cap as well.....and I was thinking of buying a gryphon.....can someone explian what this E85/Gas means as I dont have my owners manual here.

I just picked up the truck a few weeks ago and I have been running regual unleaded fuel.

#16 ·
from my understanding, it means that you can run gas or E85 or a combination of both. once Bill gets back to me about my tunes i will let everyone know. there shouldn't be a prob writing a gas tune. if you do have to fill up with E85 once in a while.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.