Ford Tough - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts banner

With 2007 FX2 audio upgrades?

NEED HELP: 
1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  blackdf150 
#1 ·
Okay, so have the 6disc premium system, which we just upgraded with 6disc navigation w/subwoofer.
Just got installed today, dealer said no subwoofer plug for the head unit, but it looks to have the plug at the rear set, just pulled it out, might be for the rear defroster?, but I don't know. Anyone out there have a pic, or two or three, they could post that shows the plug ends for the factory subwoofer?

Also, how easy is it to pull the head unit out to see what is there? can't seem to find any way to pull off the plastic cover, covering the head unit.

Thanks in advance!

#5 ·
Thanks! like this..?

Well, thanks for the advice, I couldn't (didn't want to) pull off the cover, covering the head unit, thought I was going to break it, so I went from under the steering wheel and the centre console(sp?), looked at the back of the head unit. There where only two plugs (big and the medium) used in the back of the unit, I followed the wire harness back and low and behold the were two leads folded and taped back. One (small) grey, one (small) black, the grey one had an adapter on it, removed it and it plugged right into the subwoofer jack on the back of the head unit. The black one?, I don't know, maybe for the hands free phone?
The subwoofer lead was folded back under the carpet of the rear seat, right hand side, just undid the clip from the floor and feed it through the already there slit in the carpet.

None to happy with the dealership who did the install, told me there was no third lead for the subwoofer, I told them to follow the harness, like I did, said they couldn't find it, also asked me where the gps antenna was to be mounted!???, I told them how am I supposed to know, check the repair manual, they said they would look it up on the 'net', I asked don't they have the repair manual?, no answer. None to bright...

Just need to get the OEM subwoofer box, junk the speaker and maybe the amp, install the kenwood pieces and it'll be done!!, after I do the install, can't count on the dealership to do it right, clowns....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.