Cabin Air Filter - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts
Ranger Forum ALL YEARS ALL MODELS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 05:08 PM Thread Starter

Cabin Air Filter

Does a 2010 Ranger have a cabin air filter? The inspection schedule says inspect the cabin/pollen air filter if equipped.

If it has one, how do you access it?

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-02-2011, 08:47 PM

No filter. That's probably just a generic maintenance schedule.

If Princess Auto were a real girl, I'd ask her to marry me.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-03-2011, 07:44 AM Thread Starter

Thanks b4000. I thought so. There is nothing in the Hayne"s Manual, for what that's worth. And I couldn't locate one by searching.

Aside from warranty work, I've been doing my own maintenance on it. The dealer was a great place to buy, but has lousy customer service, and I'm not too impressed with their work. By doing what I can myself, not only do I save money, I can also keep better track of the overall condition of the vehicle.

I follow the Ford maintenance schedule, and keep receipts for things like oil and oil filtres. I've made up my own check sheets that I sign off and keep in a binder together with the receipts.

Cheers!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 01:56 AM

Quote:
I follow the Ford maintenance schedule, and keep receipts for things like oil and oil filtres. I've made up my own check sheets that I sign off and keep in a binder together with the receipts.
That's a really good idea. I've been pencilling things in my warranty booklet, but it only includes oil change information, not all the other maintenance points for various mileages, so it's a bit messy in places.

If Princess Auto were a real girl, I'd ask her to marry me.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-04-2011, 10:13 AM Thread Starter

I've always kept records. if nothing else, they are something to hand off to the next owner.

Pre-purchase a prospective buyer is welcome to peruse them. Telling someone the vehicle has been properly maintained is one thing, having proof is another.

I once got into a dispute with GM over piston slap in their 3.1 litre V6 engine. At first GM refused to acknowledge the problem. Then they jerked me around until the vehicle was outside the warranty period.

I ended up going through the hoops and hurdles with CAMVAP. Now there's an experience. Despite all the BS, CAMVAP works for the manufacturer, and will everything they can to run a blocking manoeuver on the manufacturer's behalf. I used CAMVAPs own procedures to out-manoeuver them. When they could stall, stonewall, or blow me off no longer, a hearing date was set. Even the type of hearing was an issue. I demanded the "full meal deal".

As part of the process I produced work orders and maintenance records that showed that I had maintained the vehicle IAW the maintenance schedule.

Although the real issue was a design flaw coupled with a QA problem, GM would have loved to have blown it off citing engine maintenance such as oil changes. The records prevented that. As well, the original complaint had been filed within the warranty period.

Between the two, the day before the hearing I got a call from CAMVAP. They tried one last stunt to deep six the hearing. When I didn't fall for that either, GM caved.

GM ended up fixing the car in order to avoid a precedent setting hearing they would have lost, had I got a fair hearing. Not only that, the decision would have impacted every other GM owner with a 3.1 litre engine with piston problems, and cost GM a bundle.

As a result, I can't say enough about keeping good records.

Cheers!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode