Fuse between Dome lights - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts
Ranger Forum ALL YEARS ALL MODELS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 03:05 AM Thread Starter

Fuse between Dome lights

I had a problem with my door ajar sensors again. First time WD-40 fixed that. Now after quite a few months it happened again and I used silicone spray this time and corrected that problem again. However, the dome light and the door sensors seem to be somehow related. The Dome lights would not go off. I had a hell of a time removing the dome light cover but finally did without any damage to it. Before applying the silcone spray to the door sensors I thought maybe the fuse between the two dome lights would clear the door ajar problem. I broke the fuse in removing it but it had no affect on the door ajar problem . So what is that fuse actually for ? Both lights stayed on with the fuse removed .
The door ajar light is off after the silicone spray but the dome lights stay on all the time . I tried all three positions. What position should the switch be in for it to go off when closing the doors ? I tried all three positions and the lights stayed on so I had to remove the bulbs so they wouldn't drain my battery. Should it be middle position or towards driver side or passenger side ?
Any help on this would be applreciated.
W.Y.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 01:14 PM

What looks like a fuse is actually the bulb. To fix this problem you need 1 or 2 switches in the door. This happens because the swtiches are on the bottom of the door latch and point upwards, so all the dust piles up on them and make them jam. Usually the replacements are better so you should probably never have to do them again. Go to your nearst Ford dealer they are the best quality.

Alan
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 01:54 PM

Spray some more WD-40 in there, has fixed my problem for about 5 years now.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 08:53 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for pointing out that what looked like a fuse was actually a bulb. I will replace it
Which position should the switch be in for the light to go off when the door is closed.
I have the switches in the door working good now so that the door ajar light does not come on.
W.Y.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode