Just found this on an other forum
1. The console itself, with all the electronics inside;
2. The console mounting bracket;
3. The wire harness. The wire harness runs underneath the headliner over to the driver's side and down the A-pillar. The more of it you grab, the better;
4. The temperature sensor, located up front near the radiator, driver's side . It will have a 2 wire-harness connector hanging out the back. Be sure the wire colors are blue/white and blue/yellow.
And this link will give you a wiring Legend for the 07 ranger its mainly the VSS wire you need from it for the temp to display properly, as long as you have power the compas will work.
1. Black (BK) - ground (OHC Bracket)
2A. Yellow/Gray (YE/GY) - console electronics power (ACC Behind radio)
2B. Blue/Red (BL/RD) - console display dimmer input (Behind radio)
3A. Green/Orange(GN/OR) - Map light power ( Acc power behind radio Or at your light switch) This is also the wire you need if you want to put in a Mustang or explorer dome light.
3B. Black/Blue(BK/BL) - Dome light power (From existing dome light)
4A. Lt. Blue/White (BL/WH) - Temp sensor
4B. Lt. Blue/Yellow (BL/YE) - Temp sensor
5. Gray/Black (GY/BK) - speed sensor (VSS Wire from link provided)