'06 Ranger Modification questions - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts
Ranger Forum ALL YEARS ALL MODELS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-10-2009, 08:10 AM Thread Starter

'06 Ranger Modification questions

Hey guys,

I have a '06 Ranger 2wd Sport 3.0L 5spd. I want to lift my truck to have a "pre-runner" look to it. I found that I am limited in my search for lift kits. I found one made by Fabtech. Does anyone else know where I can find a lift kit? All I desire is 3 inches.

Fabtech offers 3 inch lift spindles and add-a-leaf plus shocks.

Of course I will be needing bigger tires and in doing so, I will need to increase the performance out of my truck. I will be getting a K&N cold air intake, and most likely a Superchips power programmer. But what about the exhaust? I know there are headers available and I have a buddy who owns a custom exhaust shop. So I could do the entire exhaust but at a local show 'n shine I was talking with some Ford enthusiasts who recommend only doing a cat-back. What do you guys recommend in this situation?

As well does anyone else know other ways to increase the performance in my truck?

Nick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 09:44 AM

Have you thought about doing a body lift instead of the suspension lift? Why do you want to do this with your truck - are you actually going to wheel it or is this strictly for looks? If it's just for looks and you won't actually be pushing the suspension (except for speed bumps at the mall when trolling for Mall Bunnies), then a body lift could be a less expensive solution.

There's pros and cons either way, between a sus lift and body lift, so do some research before you plunk down your hard earned cash.

As for 3.0 performance - engine swap. Sorry, but it really would be cheaper in the long run than spending tons of money on a 3.0. You can pick up a bit of "performance" when you re-gear the rearend for the larger tires.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

I will be going out and playing with the truck. Otherwise I would have just went with a body lift. I have a number of buddies who have lifted trucks who go out and play, and the stock height of my truck just wont cut it where they go.

After going through a couple other threads I found a couple other lift companies that do 2wd lift kits.

I don't think I'll be needing an engine swap. I'm not looking for that much power. Just a little more to get the whole rig moving a little better with some bigger tires. My truck already has a 4.10 gear in the back already so I don't really think that I need to change it up anytime soon.

Nick

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 11:25 PM

If you want prerunner performance try dixon bros racing, or if your like me make them lol.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 11:43 PM

Why can't you "play" with a body lift? Body lift it, and crank the bars a bit. For performance you'll probably want a tuner, intake, exhaust, and maybe even gears. That 3.sloow probably isn't going to be too happy turning 33's with 4.10's.

VMP and 5-Star tuned no more

Buy a hybrid my truck needs your gas
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 11:45 PM

for durability you should go with the fab tech set up,nothing worse than braking something everytime out,as for exh you may be limited by emission testing in your area to catback systems.

a moments silence for the shelbyx,i hope her new owner enjoys as much.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode