NEED HELP: Local NB Dealer Experiences? - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts
Ranger Forum ALL YEARS ALL MODELS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-12-2009, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

Local NB Dealer Experiences?

Hey, I've got an '08 Ranger with 17K on it - that's seems like its missing bad between 2000-3000rpm. Does it idling or when driving at any speed... really evident once the truck warms up.

I've taken it to the local deal twice so far, the only result is that my engine light doesn't come on when it starts missing it now (light still comes on when I first start it - so bulb is good).

Its starting to get worse & now shakes the gear shift & I can feel the vibration though the gas pedal... & hear what sounds like spark-knock tick on RH side of engine.

Local dealer is trying to tell me I got bad gas... had sample taken & tested ok.

I'd like to try another dealer... anybody had any "good" luck with dealers in Fredericton or Moncton NB? I really don't want to travel more than a few hours & the local dealer owns all the Ford shops in my area.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 08:30 AM

I deal with Taylor Ford and have had minimal complaints. Ask for Steve when you get to the service counter, he better to deal with than Roger.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-15-2009, 06:11 PM

Garage
Downeys in Saint John is not too bad. I guess it depends on the issue. I've mostly had good results, with only a few negatives over the years.

2014 F150 FX4 | SuperCrew | 5.0L | 4x4 | Sterling Grey Metallic

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode