New lights and belt - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts
Ranger Forum ALL YEARS ALL MODELS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-05-2010, 08:55 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to jdcrush Send a message via Yahoo to jdcrush
New lights and belt

Now that the weather is a little better I've started back to work on the truck.
I picked up some silver/blue turn signal and marker lights, they light up orange but are silver/blue when off. Yippee, no more fried egg look to the headlights, plus I am running 06+ corners and now I have the legal amber bulbs.

Once I had that done I decided to swap out my serpentine belt and it had started squealing when ever the weather got damp. I picked up a gatorback and after a trip back to the store to get the correct belt, freakin moron, I now once again have a quite truck.

I know the poor thing's filthy but you can still see the difference in the lights.

Here s a shot of the turn signal lit up and gives a good idea of markers too.

I have a new tailgate handle to swap in when I fix the sticking tailgate. I hope to get this done tommorow. I also stopped at princess auto and picked up a 30 amp relay a 30 amp fuse some 12 guage wire and a mess of connectors and I'm going to rewire my driving lights for 100 watt bulbs. I also saw two mods for the summer, a junction box for my accessories and a 12v outlet for the bed of the truck.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-12-2010, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

well I got the wiring re done lights work great. Although I had to spend about an hour playing chase the short when it was a faulty fuse. No sign of a blown fuse but wouldn't let power through. everything is good now that I bought some different fuses.

I also just made a deal for a free parts truck. Just body and interior, frame is gone but all i have to do is pick it all up.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 12:12 PM
Apprentice

That looks good jd. Quick question: what brush bar is that? I like how simple it is.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

Its a westin safari bar. It fairly light weight I got it mainly for the light mounting, but it does provide some protection. It s been really foggy here for the last two weeks was out in the country last night and the new 100w bulbs work great gives really good light in the fog.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-14-2010, 02:51 PM
Apprentice

Thanks!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-19-2010, 07:53 PM Thread Starter

I just want rant for a sec. The ****ing moron that I was to get the parts truck off of gave it away out from under me. Lousy ****ing scum bag. obviously he has no ****in class, I call to make arrangements to pick it up tommorow and he says oh I gave it away.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-21-2010, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcrush View Post
I just want rant for a sec. The ****ing moron that I was to get the parts truck off of gave it away out from under me. Lousy ****ing scum bag. obviously he has no ****in class, I call to make arrangements to pick it up tommorow and he says oh I gave it away.
i can sympathize with you,i was going to buy a 95 f150 4x4,i emailed the guy(local paper)told him i wanted to come that night to pick it up gave him my cell #,he never called me back,the kicker of it all is a buddy of mine told me the next day he bought it that morning(after i had told him i was going to look at it!!)guess i need to find new friends!!!

a moments silence for the shelbyx,i hope her new owner enjoys as much.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode