substitue for gold antifreeze thats yellow - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts
Ranger Forum ALL YEARS ALL MODELS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 07:55 AM Thread Starter
substitue for gold antifreeze thats yellow

calls for motocraft premium gold, with yellow bitters in manual. whats out there the meets vc 7 b ford specs, thats yellow to match the stuff they put in without going to ford. its got about 3000 km and it needs toping up. just to keep the warranty all peach for ford.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 07:13 PM

get it from ford there prices on that stuff isnt much more if at all different then the aftermarket.

some antifreezes when mixed will gell up

2007 F350 6.0L Ext cab short box 4x4
2000 F150 5.4L Reg cab short box 2wd
?? always looking for a new ford project !
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-16-2010, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
I bought some in the usa at the ford dealer, I live on the border. its 27+tax on the canadian side and 14 plus tax on the usa side,pus exchange , throw in the bridge fare and I saved 10 bucks. vc-b-7, theres no substitue I found for it, other then One other company that makes it and its hard to find in usa.
theres stuff close to it.

I took to the dealer this morning as its on warranty and I was told it didnt need any coolant, it was on the minimum line, in this heat????? hmmmm

Its got a degas bottle but according to manual its suppose to be between max and min line. The service manager was backed up with repairs , he didnt have the time to fill it up I guess.

I was reading up on this degas bottle, its not overfill bottle on this 2.3 liter, so I assume a properly filled system would be at the max line at cold , not running temp.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 03:07 PM
Forum Newbie

Zerex antifreeze at NAPA for $14 meets all the ford specs. I have a 08 Ranger that had a slow leak that the dealer could not find. After the second gallon of $30 antifreeze i searched the internet for at least a week to find a cheaper alternative and finally found a site that said Zerex supplied ford with their antifreeze. When the dealer tried to sell me more,I showed them my gallon of ZEREX and the parts guy checked it out and said I was good to go. The next oil change they did they found my water pump was the source of the leak.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-31-2010, 09:59 PM

Send a message via MSN to Lone Ranger
Prestone pre-mix is fine too, it'll mix with the Ford stuff. Surprisingly enough, thats what the local dealership told me to use. LR

Matt T.

'09 Ford Ranger FX4 with a mean owner