NeEd SoMe OpInNiOnS!!!! - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 10:56 PM Thread Starter

NeEd SoMe OpInNiOnS!!!!

so i got me a 92 Ford Bronco! me and my buddy are gettin rid of the rusty panels. next up on my list are these, motor, lift and tires... i wanna get decent performance obviously but better gas mileage. so should i go build a 302ho like change the heads and intake and do the exhaust and cold air kit to get it runnin mint or should i do that stuff to a 351? bigger motor might have an easier time getting the big bronco movin and be easier in the long run on gas? so let me know what you guys think of the motor choice and next the lift and tires... im thinking mb 4in or 6in lift... but if i go 32s or 33s are they gonna look to small with a 6in lift and look good with the 4in? or if i go 6in should i go 35s.. how much differnt do yous think the gas mileage between a 32, 33in tire compared to a 35... really need your help with this one.. so to sum it up... id like really good gas mileage with the most agressive tires and lift i can... thanks and im really lookin forward to ALL your oppinions!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 11:10 PM

Send a message via MSN to taisa899
for the motor either way you go you're still gonna have to pass etesting. How much you looking to spend?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 11:18 PM

If you want gas milage, your in the wrong ball park. You should buy a hybrid.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 11:35 PM

Send a message via MSN to Northern Supercrew
351...4" lift with aggressive 33's...altho 6" with 35's would look sweet. how hard you gonna wheel it? 33's might suit you fine and be a "little" better on gas...35's will probably require a gear swap from your factory set-up. more money...but if you regear, might as well swap in a locker or better limited slip while you're in there.

2013 f150 Ecobeast
3.55 E locker
FX4 Screw
SSI tuned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-02-2009, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stainless View Post
If you want gas milage, your in the wrong ball park. You should buy a hybrid.

since he's owned one before I think he knows that

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Nitrous is like a beautiful girl with an STD. You know you want to hit it but you're afraid of the consequences
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 10:41 PM Thread Starter

lol yeah gas mileage i know is rough... i just want the Bronco to be the best on gas it can be. weather it be with the 302 or the 351. i thought mb cus the 351 was just a bit bigger with more torque that it wouldnt have to work as hard to get it moving so be easier on gas in the end and i dont think in sudbury here you have to do the E test. and as for the lift and tires i wanna be able to handle plowing through curbs without hurting the bronco or tires or suspension lol. being that sudbury i believe has the worst roads in the country... pot holes big like curbs that jump out at ya lol. so would a 4in lift with 33s be able to handle the pressure? thanks again and im lookin foreward to hearin from yous. oh yeah and my friends sellin some 32x11.5 on a 15in rim i think for 400 and there BFGoodrich Baja champions. should i get them for now yous think?
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 11:05 PM

go with the 351. You going carb'd or injected?

post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 11:07 PM Thread Starter

injected. better on fuel lol and what i wanna do to it or the 302 is change the heads and mb the intake and add a cold air kit adn headers with duel exhaust. mb some msd products to make sure im getting enough spark to burn all teh fuel.. what you think? how much power doing that to a 302 would i get and to a 351 to compare? if anyone would have an idea... thanks again
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 11:16 PM

with the 351 or even a 302HO you're gonna need a new ECU then. 302HO's are stock 225hp 285tq

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-03-2009, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

ahh. id like to get about 300hp and hopefully around 400tq, and im gonna chip it too i think.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode