Tires - FordTough.ca - Home of Canadian Ford Truck Enthusiasts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-14-2007, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice

Tires

Ok, so I've been researching and reading, searching the web and writing emails. But this is my first post for tires on a forum.

I have been looking at the ProComp Xtreme Mud Terrains, 285/70-17. I haven't found much info on the web regarding this tire in specific but have read numerous threads on all sorts of web sites regarding ProComp and 4 Wheelparts stores. They have been giving ProComp bad reviews and aswell I've read on several web sites that they aren't a good brand to buy. Though at the same time, 4 Wheel and Offroad magazine did a mud tire test, this being one of them, and they gave them a pretty good review. I understand now that 4wheel parts is a crappy place to buy anything from because when it comes to warrenty they don't follow through on their word. ProComp products have also been pushed on Horsepower TV aswell, on their Xtreme 4x4 program. The reason I like these tires, is because they are supposed to have above avg off road performance, decent tire wear and avg highway maners.

So, can you guys help me out in my decision as to why they are such a bad brand?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 01:22 PM

i bought the nitto mud grapplers and i think they are awsome. ive been mudding and doin a little hill climbing and these tires get a 10 outa 10. they are a little noisy on the highway but they are not half as bad as my super swampers that i had before.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 04:54 PM Thread Starter
Apprentice

how long have you had them? What kind of ware do they show?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 07:56 PM

personally i have had many mud tires and the ones i have on now (Firestone Destination MTs) are the best i've had,excellent in the mud and not bad road manners on pavement...i converted many with these tires.The best part is pulling guys with 35 inch BFs out of mud holes:icon_wink:
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-15-2007, 07:59 PM

oh BTW,read reviews on tirerack.com
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-17-2007, 02:00 AM

The pro comp tires are a good tire.The biggest thing is to buy them from a shop you deal with.Im not sure,but i think Kal carries them.I know that Fountain tire carries them and does warranty for them as well. I have found cooper discoverer st and sst's to be a good all round tire. they can be studded for winter driving,but are good in all types of weather.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-18-2007, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassie View Post
how long have you had them? What kind of ware do they show?
ive put over 1800 kms on and no signs of wear yet , then again i havnt had much of a chance to beat the heck outa them lately. lmao

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode